Muggles

slateface

This term is a mistake. It really doesn't help. Surely we want to (to some extent) promote the fun to be had geocaching... but using an ultrageek/ meganerd term like this makes it hard to sell!

Yes I know I'm new to the boards, but please don't be offended by my opinion :)

Gosh I had to have another look at your name, I first thought I saw Obama and then thought I can just see him geocaching at the weekend at Camp David with all the secret service in tow.

To get back to the thread though, I am of the school that if you don't like the term Muggle, then don't use it, there is too many rules and regulations governing our lives, it's a breath of fresh air to do something that you like without all the c**p.

Funny how just one word can stimulate so much conversation. I saw a caption under a herd of cows that said.... "I wonder if there called mooooggles :) ." Just like a bunch of muggles they stand around and watch your every move. And you can still use the associated verbs too. All and all use what you want or don't use it.. Kinda like live and let live. :anicute:

This term is a mistake. It really doesn't help. Surely we want to (to some extent) promote the fun to be had geocaching... but using an ultrageek/ meganerd term like this makes it hard to sell!

Yes I know I'm new to the boards, but please don't be offended by my opinion :anicute:

Yeah, too bad we have this ultrageek term or this sport might have actually kept growing since it started instead of just stagnating with a few hundred cachers. :)