tomtom for geo cahce?

ONEWAY_DK

i just rushed out and got a tom tom went to go find my geo but it stoped at the road how do i use this or can i isure hope so because if i cant i wasted my money someone help!

If you touch the gps "connection bar" icon a strip of info will appear on the right of the map. Within that strip the coordinates are displayed (as well as a battery power indicator). You may need to select which type of coordinates to display in the settings/preferences menus. You may need to stop your "trip" to get the gps to move past the end of the road coordinates.

Edited by llano

i just rushed out and got a tom tom went to go find my geo but it stoped at the road how do i use this or can i isure hope so because if i cant i wasted my money someone help!

If you touch the gps "connection bar" icon a strip of info will appear on the right of the map. Within that strip the coordinates are displayed (as well as a battery power indicator). You may need to select which type of coordinates to display in the settings/preferences menus. You may need to stop your "trip" to get the gps to move past the end of the road coordinates.

I just bought a Tom Tom too, but for use on the road, if you can use it for geocaching, how do you input the destination in gps form instead if postcode or address?

What is this desire to use a Road nav as a handheld? I don't get it. Not sure how your not breaking these with all the in and out of the car and the actual caching itself.

We bought our TomTom before we knew about geocaching, just got lucky that ours has the capability to cache!

Trust me, we'd love a handheld, but unless you've got a spare one lying around to send us, we just don't have the funds to buy one, not even a used one! I imagine that is why a lot of folks use the road nav's, they can't afford to have both, so they have the one that can be the most multifunctional!

Would be sweet to have, though!

We are very careful with ours, and as soon as the cache is located it goes into a pouch in our caching bag to protect it.

Naomi :grin:

We have a GPS unit, I was just commenting that I'd bought the Tom Tom for road use, I can now se how to put locations in GPS format, so what we'll do is find the parking locations with the TomTom via GPS co-ordinates give in the cache pages, then use the GPS unit to find the cache. Previously we'd had to navigate using Atlas's, how last century is that??????? Best of both worlds