Tiger Mountain map/questions and a strange question...

intolerable

I've been trying to locate a map online for Tiger Mountain, but for some reason can't seem to come up with one. Looking for something with the trails marked on it and any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Although I'm trying to find a map, most immediately I'm interested in where and how to get to the Paw Print Rest Stop. I'm hoping to head up there caching tomorrow, although will be bringing my son, who will most certainly end up on my shoulders sooner or later, so hoping to avoid anything too difficult :-)

My strange question would be, anyone know of any cool/unique outhouses in the general area of Redmond/Kirkland/Bellevue, *especially* if nearby a cache? (Honestly, this is loosely related to geocaching... I swear!). Unfortunately, the rock outhouse on Mt David is too far away.

Thanks for any help :-)

- Chris/intolerable

It's a fairly significant hike/climb to the Paw Print Rest Stop no matter which way you go. Probably the shortest distance is to come from the North via the Preston Trail. It goes right to it. The trails on the East side are closed for the season, but most of the trails from the South and West will get you there. Of those, the Tiger Mountain Trail probably goes the closest. There's a 0.2 mile section of RR grade trail that connects the TMT to the PPRS.

I have a fairly comprehensive trail map in GPX available on my web site: http://www.switchbacks.com/files/Maps/Tiger_Mountain.gpx.

I have not had a chance to throw the data on top of a map, but if you need that for visualization, let me know and I can whip up something quickly.

Thanks very much!

I hate to ask but if you could put the data on a map or point me in the correct direction so I could do this myself, I would *really* appreciate it. I use my Treo/BT receiver for GPS, so I can't import this into a GPSr and onto a map, which I figure is probably what most people would do, and otherwise have no idea how to see this over a map.

Thanks much for the help!

- Chris/intolerable

There is a "cool" outhouse up on Granite Mountain. It has a great view too.

53a2628d-de2b-473c-aa9c-93102f636d14.jpg

I used one like that many (many!) years ago at Image Lake in the Glacier Peak Wilderness. It was at 6000 feet elevation, the valley dropped below you to 2800 feet and then Glacier Peak rose up it's 10,000+ feet. The best view I've ever seen from a pot - beats the one at Lower Saddle below Grand Teton even.