Geocoin activation problem

Mauison

While trying to activate a couple of geocoins, I'm getting the following message after clicking on "Edit Trackable Item's Details".

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

I'm running WinXP, Firefox 2.0.0.9.

I got the same message trying to activate two different geocoins.

I have the same issue. The problem also lies that the trackable doesn't have a Start date or Origin State. I had an issue with GS and the last one I got was that they were unable to resolve the issue, but the development team is working on it...

It really sucks when you pay for a coin or tb and can't actvate it properly...and then tech support is of no help. I even just asked them to update the fields in the DB, and they won't do that for whatever reason...

I think I just figured out a temporary fix for not being able to enter the start date or origin state.

When you get to Step 2 of 3: Travel Bug Details, don't change/edit anything, just hit the Edit Trackable Item's Details.

Instead of getting the error message, you go to Step 3 of 3: Release Location.

Here you can enter the Date Activated and Location Activated.

After completing the activation, go to the geocoin page and click Edit This Item.

You can then edit the Name, Mission, and Description.

After further investigating, I think I figured out the problem. Well, not the specific problem but something that might help Groundspeak in fixing this.

I entered html code into the Description field and got the error message.

When I don't enter any html code, no error message. And after completing the activation, I can go back into my geocoin page, and edit with any html code I'd like.

Edited by Mauison

I get to stage 3 then I have the yellow "!" Error on page in the bottom left hand corner of the page. If I click on the yellow "!" I get these messages:

Line:7

Char: 11646

Error: Unknown runtime error

Code: 0

URL: http://www.geocaching.com/track/activate.a...ingNumber=(coin #)*

Line: 290

Char: 1661

Error: Object doesn't support this property or method

Code: 0

URL: http://www.geocaching.com/track/activate.a...TrackingNumber= (coin #)*

* = The actual code on the coin.

When I try to complete the activation I get the same "run time error" as stated in above log.

I've been in contact with someone at geo.com and was told that it is hit or miss with the activation. (?)

All the coins I activated in the past month have done this.