Getting permission to place a cache

GeoPirates2007

They had it i saw it in the pat month or so. It was a list by state, then it broke it down from there. seemed handy, guess I should have bookmarked it.

I have seen some links to specific states but not all of them. Many states have their own sites but may not have a permission system. It would be nice if there were such a site.

A list will get out of date just about a minute after it's made.

If you know the agency that is in control of the land then a phone call can get you in touch with the correct person almost instantly.

If you don't know the name of the agency in charge of the land then I think it's way too soon for you to be considering placing a cache there. Go do some research, please.

A list will get out of date just about a minute after it's made.

If you know the agency that is in control of the land then a phone call can get you in touch with the correct person almost instantly.

If you don't know the name of the agency in charge of the land then I think it's way too soon for you to be considering placing a cache there. Go do some research, please.

Dang why so hostile?

Thanks Renegade Knight, that is what I was thinking too

To answer the question a site called goecachingpolicyinfo.org (or fairly close to that) has links to and lists of general policies. The cache reviewers at one time were rumored to be working on a similar site, but I don't recall what came of that.

A better location for local information is local forms in your state. If your state has them. That will get you in touch with locals who know first hand.

Some parks don't have a policy and don't want one.

... Go do some research, please.

You mean like asking in a forum of people who have the experience needed to answer the question?

Of course not. I mean go find out who controls the particular land that you are interested in, there are way too many places to list so unless you tell someone what place you want you yourself have to find out.

It's possible to give geocaching a bad name, just look at why caches are not allowed in certain places.

Edited to add, just too many means just too many, USA, northern hemisphere, earth...

Edited by trainlove

... Go do some research, please.

You mean like asking in a forum of people who have the experience needed to answer the question?

Of course not. I mean go find out who controls the particular land that you are interested in, there are way too many places to list so unless you tell someone what place you want you yourself have to find out.

It's possible to give geocaching a bad name, just look at why caches are not allowed in certain places.

I think you missed the question. I saw a particular page. It listed states. You clicked on a state and it listed by county the person to contact for the parks. that is all I was looking for. I appreciate your misguided attempt to help though Edited by cashking63