log deleted cause i didnt leave a tb and took tbs

"fish"

GREAT idea i think i will make it a habit to visit this PRISON every so often and set bug and coins free THANX for the idea.

are not caches with restrictions supposed to have a question mark on them??

You show great wisdom by writing off the smiley and considering other options. You are, of course, welcome to re-visit this cache to remove trackables where you can aid them in reaching their goals. You may also be in a position to log a "needs archived" on the cache, depending on the date when it was hidden. If the travel bug prison was hidden after February 21, 2007, it does not qualify as a traditional cache because the owner is enforcing a mandatory additional logging requirement by deleting non-compliant logs. If hidden prior to that date, however, the cache is grandfathered.

Seriously, with you being Keystone, and a moderator and all, Jeremy made his position on the "take one, leave one" rule public long ago (not prepared to Markwell here, but I remember something along the lines of "it's a stupid rule"). How hard would it be to put out an APB to the reviewers to not approve TB prisons, where the text stating that they are such is clearly evident in the cache descriptions? Forgive me if this is more complicated than it sounds, but it looks pretty easy to implement on the surface.

Groundspeak has not chosen to ask the reviewers to follow any rules on TB prisons beyond the Additional Logging Requirement guideline. If one were submitted to me, I would ask the owner if they intended to enforce the "leave a bug to take a bug" requirement by deleting "found it" logs. Most say they didn't intend this, and clarify the wording to make it a "recommendation." Those who say they will delete logs must change their cache type to "mystery/unknown."

Generally reviewers are concerned with reviewing caches -- their locations, etc. -- and not in policing the trading activity.

I do not enforce rules or guidelines beyond the ones which Groundspeak asks me to follow.

Groundspeak has not chosen to ask the reviewers to follow any rules on TB prisons beyond the Additional Logging Requirement guideline. If one were submitted to me, I would ask the owner if they intended to enforce the "leave a bug to take a bug" requirement by deleting "found it" logs. Most say they didn't intend this, and clarify the wording to make it a "recommendation." Those who say they will delete logs must change their cache type to "mystery/unknown."

Generally reviewers are concerned with reviewing caches -- their locations, etc. -- and not in policing the trading activity.

I do not enforce rules or guidelines beyond the ones which Groundspeak asks me to follow.

Thank you for the reply Keystone. I have actually seen a reviewer who will try to talk TB prison wardens out of the whole TB prison idea. :santa: I like your approach asking if logs will actually be deleted, thus making it an ALR cache, and needing a ? in front of it. Oh, I've also seen plenty of traditional caches that are not TB hotels with "TB's must be traded" statements thrown in, so yes, that would be quite a task to "police" cache descriptions for TB trading rules.

I just had to say though, such angst over TB prisons! With overwhelming opposition to them in this very forum, a public statement on one side of the issue by the CEO, doing away with them would just make the whole geocaching world more peaceful and harmonious. And I still have absolutely no clue why someone would want to impose such rules, just as I have no clue why someone would want to place a vacation cache. Some things I just can't fathom. :santa:

So yeah, I get it. Rules? We don't need no more stinking rules!

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

The next time you log a found it do it like 5 times. Have 4 for the day you found it and then date one for a lot earlier in the year. He will likely delete the 4 that you posted but may not notice the one that is buried in the logs.

If he lets your note stay in the log try this: wait a few months and he will likely forget about it. Go back to the log and change the note to a found it. I do not think he will receive a email notification if you edit the log entry.

Move the bugs, the cache owner is wrong in putting rules on other's property.

I like the idea of editing a note to a find a time later to get around the cache owner's sour grapes. Still, the best option I see is to blow off the smiley, and periodically clean the PRISON out. The TB owners will thank you for springing their unjustly incarcerated children.