Looking for some fellow cachers in Montgomery county, PA

Retail1LO

I'm relatively new to this activity...and was looking to get in touch with some other individuals in my area that are new to it as well. I think I'd rather enjoy undertaking the location of some caches with someone else that's inexperienced as a means to mutually grow into it. :( I live in Plymouth Meeting, PA...and at present...I happen to have an absolute boatload of free time on my hands through the end of the year. So..if you think it's something you'd like to do...let me know. I love meeting new people and friends...so if you're interested...be in touch.

Sincerely, Hayden McCall

haydendodgemccall@gmail.com

Pretty bold posting your phone number in a public forum. :(

Ehhhh... You know what?... I think we live in an overly paranoid world. In addition to posting all our contact information in a private "phone-a-friend" thread at the MGS forums (which is open only to MGS members who also have shared their contact info therein), I have posted our home phone number and my cell number a number of times to public threads on the MGS forums and the Groundspeak international forums, and we have NEVER had any problems! We do, of course, receive some midnight or 3 AM calls, and also 5 AM calls, from fellow cachers saying "Help! I am out in the field and I am hoping you can tell me a bit..." but that is only because we have made clear that we do not mind such calls. In fact, I have several times had folks from MGS walk up to me at events and say to me "I CANNOT believe that you had the brass xxxxs to post your phone number on the MGS forums a few months ago! Aren't you afraid of nutjobs?" And, I reply: "No!". Likewise, I receive notes from Groundspeak forum members at times who ask me the same thing.

Of course, in my case, I am already rather casual about such things, because, under my real-world identity, I run (and have run for years) about 22 informational websites on various (and often strange) topics, and my phone number is freely available on all those websites and also on my two consulting websites (one of the hats that I wear in this life is that of a scientific consultant.) And, I also operate 32 email list groups, a number of which have thousands of members, and several of which -- due to their topics -- tend to attract not only normal people but also lots of flamers, trolls, fundamentalists and zealots, and you know what? I sign each and every one of my posts on those list groups with my full name and my phone number, and I have been doing so since 1977! Other than one or two hostile nutjobs (why do they always turn out to be from Western Canada or Spain? ...what is in the water in those places that makes people so angry?) who have called who obviously need a checkup from the neck up, I have never had any problems!

Pretty bold posting your phone number in a public forum. :(

Geocaching is a new activity for me. I picked it up as much because of the type of people that partake in the activity, as I did for the activity itself. I don't anticipate anyone in here making me regret posting my contact information. I started geocaching after shooting pool at a relatively high level for 15 years. The people I was surrounded by were largely of marginal human stature as far as morality is concerned. So I quit. And that's a monumental decision for someone who genuinely loves the game of pool itself, in all its forms. If it's proven I've made the same mistake again...I'll take my lumps and find yet another recreational activity to enlighten myself with. From what I've seen so far, this is a community of good folk with above average judgment when it comes to doing right by its fellow participants.

Besides...I love the mere opportunity of meeting new people. It takes all types.

Edited by Retail1LO

I'm relatively new to this activity...and was looking to get in touch with some other individuals in my area that are new to it as well. I think I'd rather enjoy undertaking the location of some caches with someone else that's inexperienced as a means to mutually grow into it. ;) I live in Plymouth Meeting, PA...and at present...I happen to have an absolute boatload of free time on my hands through the end of the year. So..if you think it's something you'd like to do...let me know. I love meeting new people and friends...so if you're interested...be in touch.

Sincerely, Hayden McCall

Hi Hayden

I'm in Berks County- and generally concentrate on Schuylkill, Berks, and Chester.

But Montgomery is close enough that I ought to get over there and find a few caches. I think you should check out the local Geocaching forum:

SEPAG (SouthEastern Pennsylvania Geocachers)

I've met several great Goecachers through the site at events and on cache runs. Stop by and introduce yourself. It won't be long till another event or a caching adventure is announced. Those are the best opportunities to meet a few of your neighbors.