Trackable With Less Than 250?

intolerable

I thought I'd read that to have one's coin trackable at geocaching.com, there needed to be a minimum of 250. But recently I thought that I had seen some trackable coins limited to 100 copies.

Is this simply a matter of wishful thinking/vivid imagination on my part, a tricky workaround, or am I incorrect about the 250 number?

My wife has a coin planned, although its not really intended to be a geocoin. I was hoping to make a very limited number of the design trackable as a gift (that probably would be best read as 'as a way to suck her into the wonderful world of geocoins') but my personal budget defines 'a limited number' much closer to 100 rather than 250+.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Chris/intolerable

Quote from pinned thread up top--

Order Details:

1. Generally, Personal Geocoin codes will begin with “PC” prefix and will be named “Personal Geocoin”

2. If 100 codes or more are ordered, a custom name may be requested.

3. If 250 codes or more are ordered, a custom icon may be ordered (details below).

3. If 250 codes or more are ordered for a geocaching event, a custom name may be requested, a custom icon may be ordered and the “EV” prefix may be requested.

4. If 1,000 codes or more are ordered, a custom name may be requested, a custom icon may be ordered and a custom prefix may be requested.

5. A custom activation code may be requested for any series of 100 coins or more. The activation code must be the same for all coins in the series.

End Quote