Emergency Travel Bug Question

pixelbot

Hi,

This is way too last minute to expect an answer, but my caching group and I picked up a travel bug months ago that was never re-placed in a cache. Turns out I have it with me (it was in my caching kit) and I'm in South Korea for one last day. I was going to try and find at least one cache in my last few hours here tomorrow, and thought I'd drop the bug off while I was here.

So, my question is... it South Korea way to far to leave a travel bug? I feel horrible that it turns out I've had it this whole time, and this seems like a great place to leave it if it's okay to do so.

Worst case I can always log that it went to South Korea with me somewhere, so at least it did a decent amount of traveling, right? :-)

Cheers,

Arlo

Read the TB's page.

If Korea is too far, the page will say so.

If this is the case, find your cache and then log the bug in and out. It will get the miles but remain in your possesion until you can get it on the track the owner intended.

If the page says nothing about a specific goal that would likely exclude Korea, then find your cache and drop the bug!!

Korea, eh? Pretty cool!

Read the TB's page.

If this is the case, find your cache and then log the bug in and out. It will get the miles but remain in your possesion until you can get it on the track the owner intended.

If the page says nothing about a specific goal that would likely exclude Korea, then find your cache and drop the bug!!

Korea, eh? Pretty cool!

I agree.

Cool. The goal is to get as many miles as possible.

So, the bad news is there's no caches anywhere near where I am (I guess I'm too close to North Korea).

How do I log this as having traveled at this point? (Sorry I'm so dense, just never had a travel bug before.)

Arlo

Read the TB's page.

Korea, eh? Pretty cool!

I agree.

Yeah just do what this says but keep in mind you have to find the page for the cache if you can read it that is. :surprise:

Cool. The goal is to get as many miles as possible.

So, the bad news is there's no caches anywhere near where I am (I guess I'm too close to North Korea).

How do I log this as having traveled at this point? (Sorry I'm so dense, just never had a travel bug before.)

Arlo

You should only log travel bugs through caches it has actually visited. 'Virtual' logging is a no-no.

To grab it check the number on the tag and check for things like O vs 0, I vs 1, etc.

I did, and it doesn't seem to be working.

It's TB15VA0, and I'm trying to check it out of where I found it (as I never did), but it says the number is invalid (even though I was able to look the bug up with that number.)

I found a cache that's somewhat near the hotel I'm in... but the comments don't look to promising.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...2b-bdd4e002dc5a

Arlo

only adding because had to read the post above three times, but I've been awake for 28 hours...

Make sure when you check that the '0' you see is 'zero' not 'oh', the 'I' is 'aye' not 'el' or 'one'....

Can you give us a better idea of where you are? Lots of us truly have nothing better to do at this moment than look it up and see if we can help.

No, really... :surprise:

BTW, you should edit your post and take out the tracking number. Having the number I could have grabbed it and put it anywhere I wanted do. I wouldn't, but it's been done...
Not that number. That was the correct number to post. That is it's identifier, not the number from the tag you need to log it.
BTW, you should edit your post and take out the tracking number. Having the number I could have grabbed it and put it anywhere I wanted do. I wouldn't, but it's been done...
Not that number. That was the correct number to post. That is it's identifier, not the number from the tag you need to log it.

Oh, yeah... had a senior moment there. He used the number exactly the way he was supposed to.