lame cache offset

Confucius' Cat

In the spirit of "AlGoreism" I have a modest proposal:

Background: If you are a major contributor to "global warming" for instance like you have a huge house, several SUV's and private jets, you have the option of purchasing "carbon offsets." This means you contribute a certain amount of your obscenely extravagant fortune to "charities" that do "good" things for Mother Earth, like planting trees in the rainforest or giving treadle pumps to peasants in third world countries so they can pump water from their wells without using electricity (which they don't have anyway). (And of course, so they can stay peasants so they NEED your charity.)

So I propose we extend this outstandingly successful concept to lame caches.

You can place as many sign post and LPC caches as you choose as long as you contribute to the GC ammo box preservation fund. Or give money to McDonald's so they can make more McToys. Or sponsor a poor newbie for hisher expenses to go find a couple hundred caches so they can "be somebody" in the stats. Or maybe just pick a "members only caches are SO unfair" whiner and pay for hisher premium membership.

Hey, two wrongs don't make a right, but a "wrong" and a well placed monetary contribution (greasing the right palm) makes an acquittal, doesn't it? :):P

Hey, two wrongs don't make a right, but a "wrong" and a well placed monetary contribution (greasing the right palm) makes an acquittal, doesn't it? :):P

Three Lefts make a right............. I'd like to hereby formally announce the creation of the Team Crime Scene foundation for forgiveness. This organization will grant said forgiveness to cachers placing unwanted cache spew for a small monetary donation. The amount of "Donation" will be based on a sliding scale based upon a hidden agenda.

Paypal account to follow.....

In the spirit of "AlGoreism" I have a modest proposal:

Background: If you are a major contributor to "global warming" for instance like you have a huge house, several SUV's and private jets, you have the option of purchasing "carbon offsets." This means you contribute a certain amount of your obscenely extravagant fortune to "charities" that do "good" things for Mother Earth, like planting trees in the rainforest or giving treadle pumps to peasants in third world countries so they can pump water from their wells without using electricity (which they don't have anyway). (And of course, so they can stay peasants so they NEED your charity.)

So I propose we extend this outstandingly successful concept to lame caches.

You can place as many sign post and LPC caches as you choose as long as you contribute to the GC ammo box preservation fund. Or give money to McDonald's so they can make more McToys. Or sponsor a poor newbie for hisher expenses to go find a couple hundred caches so they can "be somebody" in the stats. Or maybe just pick a "members only caches are SO unfair" whiner and pay for hisher premium membership.

Well, there are some good charities,

and there are some bad ones...

research.jpg

Awww ... man. I thought this was a thread about caches that are listed as Traditional, but say "OFFSET CACHE: Go 280 ft bearing 163." Those are either Multi-Caches, or Puzzles. Fie on those caches!

Perhaps instead we should limit the placement of Micro caches. When you first join are limited to Small and larger-size caches. Once you have placed 5 good caches, then you can place micros, but you still have to place them at a 3:2 or 2:1 ratio of larger caches to Micros.