3 Day Walk

GeoBlank

Tomorrow at 6am some 10000 people (mostly women) will be doing a 60 mile walk for breast cancer.

If you are caching between BCC, Tukwila, Renton, Burient, and Alkai (to name a few places) watch out for a stampede of people in pink!

I'm on car patrol for a team of 12 so for the most part I need to keep busy caching :o

Well, good luck to all. My wife was diagnosed in May and June she under went Surgery. Both were removed, then in July she started Chemo. I have been watching her and working from home 2 days a week. Every Chemo session I'm there with her, every Doctor appointment I'm there. I'm just there to support her.

The Doctors did an amazing thing. They suggested I get out and do something than work, race home, take care of her and do nothing for myself. It took numerous talks with her Doctors to get me to do something.

So September 8, I set out to fix Teneriffe Cache and burn out a lot of pinned up emotions. Once I got home I tried to do things around the house and help her. All she wanted to know was how did my day go and did I find what I was looking for, and made me dinner instead of me cooking. What a woman.

Please hope you goals were met and more men step up to support a great cause.

:lol: MtnMutt

Mtnmutt you and your wife are in TeamBlank's prayers!

My wife finished day 1 (25 miles) at Mile 15 she pulled or did something to a muscle by her whip (muscle has a big name). She finished day one in pain and then was in too much pain to hardly walk around camp.

We are heading into memorial stadium soon for the closing ceremonies. It is supposed to be aweseome.

3 Day Walk cache hidden on the Tolt trail if you want to find it! :huh:

Just home from ANOTHER emotional weekend. Just writing this brings the tears springing forward...again. I didn't walk this time, I crewed as medical. GeoBlank, ask your wife if she visited me in PIT 3?

I have to say this was my favorite event to date. Several reasons...

After walking by the big pink inflatables that signify a passageway about 3 dozen times, did I notice that my mother and I were on them. What a shock to see myself blown up and 20' high! 06d12539-eb80-422e-aa62-3d6f51656c14.jpg

Secondly, I worked with some of the best guys: dfca0124-2119-4432-aeda-875d194750f5.jpg

I was short staffed so got to boss around some of So. King Counties Finest medics. (have always wanted to do that)

Day 3 I worked across Safeco Field on opening day of the Seahawks. (Can you say pandemonium? :huh: ) I figured if we put a bucket out front for donations we'd get "something"...we got $300 in 2 hours!!!

My mother was in the survivors circle at closing ceremony (no picture, I was too busy crying). ;)

All in all, not a bad days work even though I missed HC's birthday party. B)

Mutt, all the best to you and your wife. Just remember, both of you are carried on a sea of pink prayers!!!

-R-