What to do when a cacher keeps TBs for months

wvhillbilly59

I have a TB in Florida that has been all over the country including Alaska and the person in Florida has had it for over 6 weeks. I've emailed them, I thought nicely, and reminded them that the goal of the TB was to get to southern Georgia and he said he'd get it out, about 3 weeks ago. Have another out in the west that has been held for weeks. Any 'printable" suggestions will be appreciated.

Personally I don't even start to worry until three or four months have passed, otherwise it's too much time spent trying to manage other cacher activities.

A nice friendly note asking them to place the bug is a good start. Then offer to pay for postage to get it out of their hands.

I'm currently working on one picked up in April. The last site visit by that person was four days after the Retrieve. I have to assume that life got in the way of caching.

It happens.

Only 6 weeks? Wouldn't it be lovely if we could all enjoy every weekend out in the woods? It doesn't happen. If he said he would get it out there, I'd believe him and have patience, at least he replied, not everyone gets a reply. We have a pinned thread up top called the Travel Bug Obituary if you want to commiserate with people. Give him time. It's probably been too hot to go hiking in Florida in the summertime.

I agree with Eartha (of course, she's the expert!)...

At least you aren't in the predicament I am with one of my TBs:

My TB was picked up by some nice folks in November of last year. Apparently they were new to geocaching and very enthusiastic, and then....they just quit caching. They only found four caches ever under that account, and haven't signed in to it since July. They did reply to one email, sent in April, but haven't responded to the one I sent last month (August) asking them to please drop off my TB in any old cache they are near or let me know if it's lost.

I'm pretty sure that unless they start caching again, that TB is gone. I really enjoyed the logs on that one, too, so it's too bad. I would send out a replacement, but I'm still hoping the TB will fall out of their backpack one day and bounce into a nearby cache. Maybe I'll do that if I don't hear anything by the one-year anniversary....