Compare Paperless Geocaching Software

abrala

Hi -

I've been looking for comparisons of the various paperless geocaching programs and haven't been able to find any side-by-side comparisons, just brief blurbs about each program. Does anyone know of a link?

I've been using Spinner and Plucker to decode pocket queries and send them to my PDA, and EasyGPS to send coordinates to my Garmin. Although I can mark a geocache as "found" in my Garmin, I would like to find a program which allows me to mark a cache as "found" in my PDA.

Thanks,

Robert

GSAK is a must in my book, especially if you use pocket queries. It's free to try, you just get a nag screen when you start it up if you haven't bought it. At first it's not too bad, but after you use it more and more, the nag screen stays up longer and longer. By then though, you'll be pleased with it and more than willing to buy it!

Cachemate seems to be the more popular PDA program, but I use GPXSonar, mainly because it's free, and when I tried the trial version of Cachemate, it didn't work too well on my unit.

If anything, try GSAK!

Today I loaded caches directly from the search page and 1 level down with plucker.

It isn't the prettiest in the palm but all the info is there.

How come it seems like everyone else does other processing?

If you're a premium member, you can get pocket queries, which hold a lot of caches! With a bunch of caches, there's a lot of info to process!

If the way you're doing it works for you, then keep on cachin! If it ain't broke, don't fix it.