Sorry, we are new.

MBGPA6

We need to apologize to "juice pig" for not having the cache in place when he was looking for it. We ran into another geocacher (Too Happy?) on our way to place the cache and he informed us that he was the second to look. I submitted the cache at 10:00 pm and the kids and I went to place the cache at 8:30 the next morning. I truly thought that we would have some lag time between posting the cache and it being published. I apparently needed to read the automatic response emails a little more closely. At least now I understand what the terminology is. Once again, sorry Juice Pig the cache is there now.

... I submitted the cache at 10:00 pm and the kids and I went to place the cache at 8:30 the next morning. I truly thought that we would have some lag time between posting the cache and it being published.

It can vary a lot depending on your review's free time, and the amount of other cache submissions coming in. When you submit a cache for review it may be looked at literally minutes later, or it might sit for a few days if the load is really high as sometimes happens around holidays/vaction.

It's a good idea for new hiders to read the Cache Listing Guidelines before submitting their first cache. The guidelines say:

Your cache should be in place and ready to hunt at the time your cache page is submitted for review. If for any reason it is not ready, please either disable your cache page so that it won’t be seen by the reviewer until ready, or include a “note to reviewer” to explain your special circumstances (for example, waiting for a permit from a land manager).

So, don't worry too much about misunderstanding the process. It happens often enough that we added this paragraph to the rulebook!

"I guess you figured out that the cache should be in place before you submit it to be published."

This way, if you made a mistake, you can go back out to the cache location and correct it or move it or whatever it takes. As opposed to having the location approved prior to being published. Then you place the cache, notify the reviewer who publishes it. :anicute::D:blink:

"I guess you figured out that the cache should be in place before you submit it to be published."

This way, if you made a mistake, you can go back out to the cache location and correct it or move it or whatever it takes. As opposed to having the location approved prior to being published. Then you place the cache, notify the reviewer who publishes it. :blink::anicute::D

Yep thats how the site works :blink: