My Account Details - I plan to attend

eu.fire.girl

Hello and welcome. The "plan to attend" deals solely with caching events. When you post a "will attend" log on an upcoming event, it shows you that as a reminder of the event for the next 30 days. In theory, it's a great tool. Unfortunately, if you post that log more than 30 days prior to the event, it disappears before the event date. Likewise, if you post it just a few days before the event, it continues to show until the 30 days is up. So it may still show for as long as 29 or 30 days after the event, if you post a last minute will attend log. At least that is the way it has worked up to this point for us. I know that many want it fixed to work more properly (ie: showing until the day after the event, or disappearing once you post an attended log or implementing a new "sorry, can't make it or will not attend" log).

Hope this helps.

Angie

FamilyMac Matriarch

I really like the "I plan to attend" feature for an event reminder. However, I would love to see this feature changed so that it disappears the day after the event is over instead of 30 days after you posted that you plan to attend. If you're an early bird and get your plan to attend note out there too early, it could disappear before the actual event. Also, I would like to see it list the date of the event instead of the date that you posted your note.

Upon receiving this week's Groundspeak notification email that suggested emailing them with suggestions, I emailed this suggestion. I got a reply back thanking me for my feedback but requesting that since this would be a concept affecting all geocachers, they wanted me to post the suggestion here on the forums, so I'm doing so.

I'd like to see it go away in 30 days, or immediately after you've posted an "Attended" log for it, whichever is first.

Having it go away when you've posted an "Attended" log for it would definitely work.

I could interpret the 30 days in 2 ways. 30 days from posting or 30 days after the event.

If you mean 30 days from posting, then it could end before the actual event and then it no longer serves as a reminder. If you mean 30 days after the event, I'm not sure that I see the value in going that long. If someone attended then they could have it disappear by logging as attended (if that was set in place). If someone didn't attend, then it just gets in the way and they have just missed the event and they don't need a reminder. I personally log my events attended on the day that I attend the event, but I realize not everyone does. Possibly just leaving it only a week after the event or immediately after posting an "attended" log would take care of the slow loggers.

After you've attended the event...and posted your "Attended" log...you can got back to the event page and delete your "Will Attend" log...that will remove the reminder from your account page. It's not a fix, but at least it gets rid of the reminder :(

Bill

Of course, you're screwing up the Will Attend/Attended ratio, which is a nice thing to have when planning future events.

After you've attended the event...and posted your "Attended" log...you can got back to the event page and delete your "Will Attend" log...that will remove the reminder from your account page. It's not a fix, but at least it gets rid of the reminder :(

Bill

Of course, you're screwing up the Will Attend/Attended ratio, which is a nice thing to have when planning future events.

I've done what 2Wheel'in suggested a few times, but I agree with Prime Suspect. I think it's nice for the event host to have all of the original logs because some of them have other notes in the will attend besides just an RSVP.

The last event I attended, it went away before the event because I posted a Will Attend more than 30 days before the event. I'm not posting a Will Attend for an event I plan to attend soon because it would stay up well past the event.

HERE'S WHAT I'D LIKE IT TO DO:

I'd like it to show the date of the event and I'd like it to go away the day after the event as Muddy Buddies originally suggested.

If it goes away with an Attended log and for any reason someone does not attend after all then what? They won't post an attended log if they didn't attend so how does it go away?

Edited by jackrock

I'd like to see it go away in 30 days, or immediately after you've posted an "Attended" log for it, whichever is first.

I concur completely. I'm usually among the first to log a 'will attend' consequently I keep having to go back and change the date on my log becuase the feature is using the log date instead of the event date and they keeep fallin off my list. This would be AWESOME if it worked right! Ihope it is fixed soon, or it could be a reason not to renew a paid account. ;)

The last event I attended, it went away before the event because I posted a Will Attend more than 30 days before the event. I'm not posting a Will Attend for an event I plan to attend soon because it would stay up well past the event.

HERE'S WHAT I'D LIKE IT TO DO:

I'd like it to show the date of the event and I'd like it to go away the day after the event as Muddy Buddies originally suggested.

If it goes away with an Attended log and for any reason someone does not attend after all then what? They won't post an attended log if they didn't attend so how does it go away?

Well, maybe THAT would get some people to quit saying they were going to attend if they weren't. However, the solution for that is obvious--the user deletes the 'will attend' log--I mean, hey!, what difference does that make--they didnt' attend anyhoo. Or they change it to simply a note.