Hardest cache you've come across?

I'm guessing you are a newbie. There are tons of tough caches out there that range from 5 for terrain to 5 for difficulty. Personally I avoid all puzzle caches as I have to stress my brain at work each and every day and do not like having to do it on a hobby. Alot of the puzzle caches are not rated at 5 but to someone like me who does not like having to think at this sport they should be.

Search around your area. I am sure there will be plenty of caches that will test your ability and leave you scratching your head.

Not sure of where you're from but going by the location of one of your cache finds I did a search for 4x4's and above and came up with....

Vista Cerro Alto by wpr2 (GCA592)

California

Pine Mountain by The Bandit (GCJTFD)

California

Baby Bessie by TrailHacker and Little Albino Girl (GCAE55)

California

Caliente Peak cabin by Unknown (GCN983)

California

Blew Out My Shoe Cache by Scooterman (GCGQKA)

California

Midway Peak by sundogranch (GCP36G)

California

Gettin stoney by smokey_bitches (GC116YW)

California

Con Carne by sundogranch (GCP689)

California

...just to name a few!

This one would probably be the most technical one, if you're indeed from SLO.

There are a handful of caches that would also fit the "long hike" category out along the Big Sur Coast. Most have elevation gains in the 3-4,000 foot range with spectacular views.

You might want to get acquainted with the Poison Oak Cachers. I'm sure they can suggest loads of caches that fit that category.

Many of the caches I've seen are only 1-3 stars in difficulty. I was wondering, are there any really hard or really complicated caches out there?

Please post. Thanks. :anitongue::anitongue:

You just need to get out more :anitongue: Nemesis!

Along the same lines as that one, but a bit further South, would be this one:

Tour de Nisene Teamwork Challenge

..which I am now poised to find after nearly 50 miles of hiking/biking and over 13,000 vertical elevation gain to get all the Stages :laughing:

If you go to Reno go look for Rock, Paper, River GCPQ7W it is a 4/4 and you have to go to a small island in the Truckee River I would not attempt it in the spring. I just got back and spent over an hour on the island with my wife looking and could not find it. Getting there was not that hard in fact it was fun we just could not find the micro in the rocks.