TB Hoarders

AntrimAdventurer

I got one of the UFD TBs on its way from my home in the UK on its way to Thailand.

It was moving along at a great clip until a guy in the midwest USA caught it and put it in his TB hoarde cache. I checked the cache and there are a large number of TBs in there. The owner apparently has big bragging breakfasts where he takes people to 'discover' the TBs, but never moves them on.

Is there any way to break this cache up or report the hoarder? It seems to be against the whole point of geocaching trackables.

I don't believe that Larry would be hoarding anything. If you look at the amount of trackables he personally owns, and has released, you can see he is far from a hoarder. It appears that particular Diabetes TB has been taken on some trips with him, but has always been placed back into his cache. It would seem any finder could take the UFD TB when they find the cache. Some people simply discover, other's take stuff and move it on.

I would say the discover "parties" you are referring to appear to be local events, that he most likely took the Ammo Can full of bugs/coins to for discovery. Any travelers left over, seem to just get back into the ammo can and rest. It will move along one of these days. I'm sure if you'd like to see that particular TB moving again, a friendly note to Larry would prompt him to pull it out and pass it to an active cacher to distribute. He's actually quite friendly.

Pete

Looks like the OP might be referring to GC141Z8.

The cache you are referring to was placed just over 2 months ago. In that time 73 travel bugs have moved through it. Currently, there are 19 bugs in it. All placed on different days. There is no problem there. If you research the cache page, and the TB history, you can find out all that stuff.

There are a lot of cachers who own a lot of trackable items, and they take them to events and let others log them. Perhaps that's the "breakfast" thing you heard about.

As I stated in my post, there is no problem with the above mentioned cache.

The one with the Red Jeeps will have the Jeeps marked as missing later today, since the cache is archived, and a micro to boot. If the Jeeps are put back into circulation, all one needs to do is log it to get it going.

People, please, before accusing someone of stealing, hoarding, etc.... do some research. An accusation/presumption was made here that was false. There is NO PROBLEM with the above mentioned cache. See my post above.

Because the presumption was false, and sheds a bad light on a specific cacher for no reason, I am closing this thread.