Garmin ETrex Legend CX

fizzmahon

I'm not sure it that is a good price Canadian but I'm sure you can check online to see the running price. The unit itself is a great unit period. I found about 1000 caches using the older ETrex legend C. The x denotes an micro SD slot which you can use to store maps or points of interest. The unit is smaller than some others like the 60c series which allows you to be a little more inconspicuious in urban areas. It will store 500 caches or waypoints. It is water resistent. About a month ago I dropped mine into the refecting pool in Washington DC and it came through fine. If the price is good, go for it.

Atta boy Fizz...i believe that you got the best deal on a gps that anyone here has had in quite awhile. I checked our local walmart here last night and they are selling for $275 plus tax. A local Canadian Tire store is selling them for $320 plus tax. Yes, some people really pay that much for the etrex legend cx. People who don't shop ebay, or some other online source don't usually get the deals that others do. And yours is one heckuva deal!!

P.S. check the software version on the GPS. If it's lower than 2.6, the firmware needs to be updated. If it's version 2.7 you should revert back to 2.6 in my opinion. If read some other posts here you'll see why. Here's a link to the Garmin firmware versions: MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE RIGHT ONE!! Don't update from the Garmin website or you get version 2.7

http://www.gpsinformation.org/perry/etrex/legend/

Edited by GreatCanadian