Someone hit 2000 today!

joranda

B) It's my honor to tell you all that Muther and Sun has hit the big 2000 caches today. You may say big deal, but she started caching Jan. of 2007. That's right, she did it in less than a year. She really isn't crazy either. Let me be the first to say,"Way to go Tracy!" :D

I'd like to accept this award on behalf of my team members Racer2814 and Wil3 who also set milestones today. Racer2814 who hit 1500 right along with me. And my brother Wil3 who found his very first cache today. Team Milestone 2000,1500, and 1. B) Thats 3501 for those who are computationally challenged. Well we might have added a few more on the way home.

A big thanks to Joe for distracting me with the nonstop phone calls. B) Another big thanks to Joe for challenging me and thanks to Racer for taking me on my first big find day of 26. Thanks super_cacher for not calling DCFS this summer. :D And thanks to the State of Illinois for not taking my driving license away YET. Where's the gas reimbursment forms for the 20,000 miles I've driven since April? B):D

Edited by MutherAndSun
:) It's my honor to tell you all that Muther and Sun has hit the big 2000 caches today. You may say big deal, but she started caching Jan. of 2007. That's right, she did it in less than a year. She really isn't crazy either. Let me be the first to say,"Way to go Tracy!" :)

I'd say that's a matter of opinion................. :)

I've 416 since 4-24-2007. Pace about 1250 in my first year. Yet I'm running out of caches in my area so my count will have to slow down. I can't help but to be skeptical of 2,000 in 8 and a half months and over 100 in one day. I wonder how those numbers are possible.

Not working during the summer, finding "pockets" of PnGs, bud, that's how I did it. :laughing: Check the logs, the real ones. I thought some would be skeptical so I recorded the time of day for each of the 120 in Nashville. Started about 4:30 am and stopped about 20 minutes short of midnight. At one point I was picking up micros at about 5 minutes apart or so, and had hopes of a 200 day. Memphis is also a really dense spot, but only came up with 82 because the laptop crashed in mid afternoon. Aurora IL came up with 102 and had a pal along to verify that. 76 in STL, 55 before 1pm on the bike trail. SOOOO, lots of places to pick up those numbers. A little planning, looking at the maps, finding the densest areas, looking through forums for tips. You should try it sometime! :laughing: That was my goal for the summer, now back to work, and back to normal caching behavior. ;) at least until next summer!

I did 74 during a cache machine this year. Starting at 6am....a few stops including a social dinner in the evening, till midnight. So I have to agree 100 in a day is doable. Not something I would have a desire to do considering how beatup we got doing 74, but doable.

Congratz on your milestone!

I've 416 since 4-24-2007. Pace about 1250 in my first year. Yet I'm running out of caches in my area so my count will have to slow down. I can't help but to be skeptical of 2,000 in 8 and a half months and over 100 in one day. I wonder how those numbers are possible.

Not working during the summer, finding "pockets" of PnGs, bud, that's how I did it. :D Check the logs, the real ones. I thought some would be skeptical so I recorded the time of day for each of the 120 in Nashville. Started about 4:30 am and stopped about 20 minutes short of midnight. At one point I was picking up micros at about 5 minutes apart or so, and had hopes of a 200 day. Memphis is also a really dense spot, but only came up with 82 because the laptop crashed in mid afternoon. Aurora IL came up with 102 and had a pal along to verify that. 76 in STL, 55 before 1pm on the bike trail. SOOOO, lots of places to pick up those numbers. A little planning, looking at the maps, finding the densest areas, looking through forums for tips. You should try it sometime! :laughing: That was my goal for the summer, now back to work, and back to normal caching behavior. :laughing: at least until next summer!

Oh yeah, it's possible. He's slowed way down, but I think This guy had about 4,000 in the first year. I remember he came through my town and grabbed one of my Earthcaches and about 50 parking lot micros in one day. And obviously Team Alamo and CCCA have to be finding 4,000 or so caches a year. Good job, now get back to work. ;)

Not to sound like I'm jumping on you. MutherAndSun and I have cached alot together. Her numbers are true. I think I may have opened the geo monster in her at my first CITO in my home town when she got her first big run of the day, which was around 50 or so. Then we did a run together just to see how many we could get in a days time. It was 114 if I remember right. Since then we have planned out areas to hit just to get numbers. Bike trails along old train tracks are a good place to hit the high numbers. We are in your shoes when it come to running out of caches in your home area. And with the price of gas these days, you need to plan your caching adventures. So skeptical or not, she earned here cache count.

Oh yeah, it's possible. He's slowed way down, but I think This guy had about 4,000 in the first year. I remember he came through my town and grabbed one of my Earthcaches and about 50 parking lot micros in one day.

WHOO HOO 50 park and grabs in one area, :D I'm coming your way TheWhiteUrkel! My heart is racing just thinking about it! :) Running PQ now, taking sick days next week LOL!

And thanks Joranda :huh: for unleashing the monster, but really it is just UNCONTROLLABLE PASSION :o not a monster LOL.

Edited by MutherAndSun

hi mutherandsun! how are you doing? ive been watching your find count sky rocket the past few months, i dont know if you recognize my name, but i live really close to you and am looking forward to meeting you! are you going to the the "fall fling" event at spitler woods?

hi mutherandsun! how are you doing? ive been watching your find count sky rocket the past few months, i dont know if you recognize my name, but i live really close to you and am looking forward to meeting you! are you going to the the "fall fling" event at spitler woods?

OF course I recognize you, and yes I'll be at the fling. :) Hey, I think it is up to you now to keep my cache count going during the school week, so get planting! :D I need to hit 3000 by Jan 5, otherwise the geopolice revoke my geocaching license! :o:huh:

Oh yeah, it's possible. He's slowed way down, but I think This guy had about 4,000 in the first year. I remember he came through my town and grabbed one of my Earthcaches and about 50 parking lot micros in one day.

WHOO HOO 50 park and grabs in one area, :D I'm coming your way TheWhiteUrkel! My heart is racing just thinking about it! :D Running PQ now, taking sick days next week LOL!

And thanks Joranda :ph34r: for unleashing the monster, but really it is just UNCONTROLLABLE PASSION :) not a monster LOL.

You two are pretty brave, posting such "it's all about the numbers" sentiments in these here fourms. Hats off to you :o Fortunately, hardly anyone will see it here in the The Hunt/The unusual section. :huh:

OF course I recognize you, and yes I'll be at the fling. :tired: Hey, I think it is up to you now to keep my cache count going during the school week, so get planting! :ph34r: I need to hit 3000 by Jan 5, otherwise the geopolice revoke my geocaching license! ;):anibad:

hahaha, ok. i'm planning to place some out and about at some cool sites. i was thinking that the farm progress show site would be cool (with pemission), what'dya think?