How to avoid duplicate ideas in process

GeoBlank

I am working with coins and pins on a couple ideas and to get it the way I want it will take a bit of time. Is there a forum for saying I am working on coins like XXXXX so if you have thought about it but have not done it yet please don't, or I guess one could say there is enough room in the world for many of the same type of coins.

I think CITO as an example can have many styles of the same exact coin but at the same time we don't need 8 different sherrifs shields.

Maybe this topic is silly but was wondering if there was a protocol. I guess just bringing up works in progress is a good idea but could that promote someone from taking and idea and running with it that you would really rather complete...

Obviously I am a Geocoin newbie :D

Any personal lessons learned on when to make a personal coin for trading only and when to look at resell?

Thanks!

I have one that we have been working on that someone posted art for the other day. I even have approval from Groundspeak from a couple of months ago.

To be honest, I am at a loss as to what to do here.

If you ask me, the best way is to just post when you are done, ie coins in hand.

But.. you will always have duplicates!

It's not a silly question, it's a very valid one. There are some great people on here and if you post a coin you're working on, then it's hands off to some. Then there are others that take that as a sign that they need to push one out quicker than you to get the sales in first.

The best advice is to have an idea that is as unique as possible, thus reducing the risk of someone with your idea. At this point I would say don't post until you're ready to sell, or someone will take your idea and pump it out as fast as possible.

I honestly think that there IS always a chance of duplicates. I think theres no real way to avoid it .

If you post your idea, it might GET stolen.

If you dont post your idea, it might already be in progress.

I guess the best thing is to just take your concept, and do it the BEST way possible, and hope its the BEST version IF there is something similar. LOL

Or as HB said, do a personal, then the concept is entirely yours, and yours alone!

I was thinking of a hinged butterfly coin and then....

A hinged laptop....not unique or quick enough...darn

A butterfly coin....great not a Blue morpho

Better post idea and hope people back off....

Now there is a blue morpho that comes out....no luck on this

Still working on my coin. :D