Cache muggled and owner doesn't respond

There are a series of 6 caches on South Benfleet downs "Hadleighs Hidden Treasures Series". We've done 4 of them which are OK, one isn't, one to do.

Tonight the Mrs and me went to GCNA7C - You'd Hadleigh know it was there (Essex) ........it's been muggled! :laughing: It's been reported as muggled by 5 other cachers since May 28th. :laughing:

OK, here's the problem. I emailed the owner 'Team Keelworm' telling him that this cache needs maintenance and got a knock back from his email address....no longer exists. Also, his profile shows that he hasn't logged into geocaching.com since March 30th 2007. :laughing:

Is there some admin way of disabling this cache?

Thanks in advance

TLHM.

Edited by The Lavender Hill Mob

SBA.

Bonus cache is not there and taken from the Archived page:

icon_disabled.gif December 11, 2005 by keelworm (94 found)

This cache has been removed (not sure why) and is currently at the Hadleigh Library. Anyone local who can help us out by re-claming the cache it'd be much appreciated as we have recently moved from the area.

Cheers.

Phil & Julia (Teem Keelworm)

Cache owners no longer seem able to do maintenance to the series...

Unless someone else is able to adopt, if the owners are contactable...

G

people are assuming it's Missing? Or was it easy before and all the sudden things changed?

No it's been muggled, the other caches in the series have laminated cards of other chess pieces and laminated cards with clues for the bonus cache.

This cache was in a great place, in a hole at the bottom of a tree, the problem is it's near a bench where families have picnics so it's probably been found by kids playing. The only thing that remains from the cache is a card for a chess peice (The King), it's definitley been muggled.

I'm willing to adopt and maintain......how do I do that? Also, how do I view the archives?

TLHM

If a cache has had several reports of DNF's or has obviously been muggled contacting the owner is the first step. If the owner can't be contacted then post a SBA log (also called "Needs Archived"!) rather than e-mailing a reviewer. We receive a copy of the report, as does the owner, and it contains some useful links to make life easier for us.

If you want to take over the cache/location drop us an e-mail describing the situation and we'll see what we can do. Usually if a cache has been lost we will suggest you create a brand new one at the same location, perhaps reusing items from the old one if you want. If the cache still exists and the owner can't be contacted we can possibly arrange for Groundspeak to transfer ownership.

To be able to view an archived cache (which doesn't show up in general searches) you'll need to know its number and search for that.

What does DNF mean?

DNF=Did Not Find.

As for the status of the cache in question. It was flagged up to me off forum, last night. After careful consideration, taking into account that the container had been missing for months, the owner had ignored 2 Needs Maintenance logs to it by failing to pay a maintenance visit or make the cache Temporarily Disabled. Plus the fact that they have not logged into GC for a extended period, I came to the conclusion that the cache had been abandoned and Archived it.

Reviewers are not all seeing, and the only logs we get copies of to published caches are those to which a SBA or Update coordinates logs. So we are reliant on members of the community bring caches with major issues such as this one to our attention.

If after a reasonable time [and I'm not talking a few days here] a cache owner has not actioned a Needs Maintenance log, by either maintaining it or by Disabling it. But you do not feel that it warrants a SBA log, please contact Eckington, Lactodorum or myself. And in 99% of the time we will give the cache owner a gentle nudge <_<

If after a reasonable time [and I'm not talking a few days here] a cache owner has not actioned a Needs Maintenance log, by either maintaining it or by Disabling it. But you do not feel that it warrants a SBA log, please contact Eckington, Lactodorum or myself. And in 99% of the time we will give the cache owner a gentle nudge :)

My ribs are just about recovering from one such gentle nudge! :P