Multiple TB logs

andrewmcc

I was on vacation a few weeks ago and dropped off a TB I had found at home. I like to track TBs I have helped move. Well, a cacher grabbed it and on 2 different days dropped and grabbed that TB 11 times in different caches. I guess it is neat to log a ton of caches but that seems to be kind of a cheap log. What is your opinions out there? <_<

One guy took my daughter's TB and several others on a multi-state caching spree. It was great seeing all the places and caches he was able to take it to.

Travel bugs are meant to move.

Sometimes people are able to carry travel bugs for quite a ways, if they are taking it caching before dropping it off I don't see any reason why he shouldn't log it through the caches he visited.

If it was there it should get the credit for visiting the cache.

edit: typo

Edited by BlueDeuce

I was on vacation a few weeks ago and dropped off a TB I had found at home. I like to track TBs I have helped move. Well, a cacher grabbed it and on 2 different days dropped and grabbed that TB 11 times in different caches. I guess it is neat to log a ton of caches but that seems to be kind of a cheap log. What is your opinions out there? <_<

If they were going a distance that would be cool, but all 11 caches where with in a few miles of each other and he still has it.

According to the bug the mission is 'If you encounter this entity, best speed it on its way'.

Seem like he's having fun moving the bug through the caches he has visited in accordance with the owner's request.

I usually get someone Discovering my bug. "Saw tis bug in the cache, Couldn't move it towards its goal so I just Discovered it"

That is a cheap log in my book.

..."Saw tis bug in the cache, Couldn't move it towards its goal so I just Discovered it"

I disagree with that.

It's what "discover" is for. And it also lets the TB owner know that the TB is still alive out there in a cache.

I'd say that it is a "considerate" log to not just grab it knowing that you couldn't help the mission the TB was on.

I think taking a travel bug traveling is a fine thing to do, and I've done it too. That's why we don't call them sit still bugs. It's nice when the logs are interesting, and not just a bunch of dropped it, grabbed it, dropped it, grabbed it etc. logs. Stories and photos are good.

..."Saw tis bug in the cache, Couldn't move it towards its goal so I just Discovered it"

I disagree with that.

Did you note the "In my book" part?

I'm pretty sure that's my own personal opinion, but I could be wrong. :mad:

Yes I did. I just thought that the forums were a place to discuss our opinions, especially if they differ from other cachers.

;)

I disagree with that.

I'm pretty sure that's my own personal opinion, but I could be wrong. ;)

Yes I did. I just thought that the forums were a place to discuss our opinions, especially if they differ from other cachers.

;)

Well, to put a fine point on the matter you disagreed that it was in my book.

If you want to debate the purpose and usage of the Discover option we'll need a different thread. This one is about dipping. :mad:

I disagree with that.

I'm pretty sure that's my own personal opinion, but I could be wrong. :mad:

;)

Well, to put a fine point on the matter you disagreed that it was in my book.

If you want to debate the purpose and usage of the Discover option we'll need a different thread. This one is about dipping. ;)

I agree with the different thread, as there are plenty out there. But I was replying to your point about discovering, not dipping. You brought it up first. :D;)

Moving the bug in and out of caches that are all very close together is a bit much. However, I recently picked up a bug called Amys-Dora while in Montana. It belongs to a little girl. I eventually dropped it into a cache here in California but I also dropped it into and out of caches along the way. It accrued a lot more mileage that way and the owner got to see that her bug moved from Montana into Idaho, Washington, and Oregon before being dropped in California. I was hoping she would enjoy that.

Moving the bug in and out of caches that are all very close together is a bit much. However, I recently picked up a bug called Amys-Dora while in Montana. It belongs to a little girl. I eventually dropped it into a cache here in California but I also dropped it into and out of caches along the way. It accrued a lot more mileage that way and the owner got to see that her bug moved from Montana into Idaho, Washington, and Oregon before being dropped in California. I was hoping she would enjoy that.

Yeah, I agree with you on that. A road trip is fun to track.

Again today I will say, there are many different ways to play this game. I do dip, personally. When I do, it is usually a story told on the bug's page with pictures. I like to take bugs with me on maintenance runs to my caches, and when I do, I take a photo of it with the cache and post it on the bug's page. Sometimes I put together a collection of bugs that have certain things in common and take them on a "tour of local caches". I ended up having a bitter arguement with the owner of one of the bugs that I had in my "Green Team" and he frankly hurt my feelings about the whole thing. :laughing: It is something I like to do with travel bugs and it is fun to me. He "yelled" at me about how a travel bug is supposed to move and not go in and out of caches.

I do place them, BTW, shortly after having them. I don't think I have ever held on to a bug longer than a month unless I was going to its goal destination at some time in the short term future. We just need to keep in mind that there are so many different ways to play that we should really relax our attitudes about what people do that bugs us or that we don't do and just go out and enjoy the game. :anitongue: