Mluti finds counting on total finds

browni

I see there is a topic on newbies logging the same cache twice.

My question is if you do log a cache a few times such as Ye Olde Survey Monuments does this increase your finds total. I have my finds in GSAK but when I did a PQ for personal finds the totals do not correspond. The personal PQ only lists the survey one once although I have found a total of 27, this also applies to a couple of caches that have moved slightly and the owners have invited previous finders to log it again.

Any ideas how the find total goes on multi finds?

Ian

I use GSAK too and while I don't think I'm answering your question it does seem to know total finds and also those logged more than once. I use the FindStatGen3.gsk statistics generator macro and the first thing it comes up with at the top of the page is X finds on Y unique caches. Is it this last bit that you want to know?

GSAK is showing the multi finds on YOSM caches as I download the caches for YOSM from the link on the web page and put them in the default database on GSAK.

What I am getting at is geocache.com does not appear to give your total of cache finds when you have multi finds on one cache.

Will have a look at FindStatGen3.gsk and see how it works so thanks for the info on that one.

Hi Ian

GC.com has the correct totals of finds for me BUT when you go into the listing it only seems to shows the last time I found YSOM I have found it three times. See here: My profile If you look at the fist page it shows 7 virtuals then only details of five are shown inside. I run FindStatGen3.gsk and it gets it right for me.

Regards

Calvin

GSAK is showing the multi finds on YOSM caches as I download the caches for YOSM from the link on the web page and put them in the default database on GSAK.

What I am getting at is geocache.com does not appear to give your total of cache finds when you have multi finds on one cache.

Will have a look at FindStatGen3.gsk and see how it works so thanks for the info on that one.

Multiple finds for the same cache will only be counted correctly when:

1. Your GSAK database is being updated with GPX files from gc.com (not loc files)

2. You tell GSAK correctly how to match your found logs.

To get item 2 correct make sure you have the "method for matching hidden and found" caches filled out correctly (Tools=>Options=>General). For more information see the help file or view this section online here http://www.gsak.net/help/hs7690.htm

Yes, my GSAK totals are correct. It is just a shame the 27 finds I have on YOSM do not count on my total cache finds on GC.COM. Not that I am trying to increase finds total, just an observation i made from reading another topic.

Will have a look at the topic Clyde has listed as well.

The total at the bottom of the list in your profile shows 2074 caches found, how many do you figure it should be?

Hi Ian

GC.com has the correct totals of finds for me BUT when you go into the listing it only seems to shows the last time I found YSOM I have found it three times. See here: My profile If you look at the fist page it shows 7 virtuals then only details of five are shown inside.

That is correct. You have 315 finds in total, 7 finds on virtuals but only on 5 individual virtual caches. By default it shows the last date you found the cache.

<windup mode>If a cache is moved enough to log another find it should be archived and a new cache created. YOSM should be archived (or only show one find). GC.com should only show one find per cache and none on caches placed by the finder. Problem solved.</windup mode>

:rolleyes::P:)

Edited by SidAndBob

In response to Dino_irl I believe there should be 28 more on my find total. This is because the personal find PQ only shows the last YOSM so there should be 26 more for that. Then there are 2 others that have been muggled and moved slightly and so the owners have invited previous finders to relog a new find.

As for the business about logging multi finds on YOSM then this has been discussed elsewhere and we need not go down that road again.

Please forgive me for starting this topic as I do appear to have the correct number of caches thanks to the wonderful FindStatGen3.gsk statistics generator that I have run. It has shown some wonderful stats and this has shown that my numbers are indeed correct. So this topic has been able to answer my problem. Thanks to all who has responded.

Ian