What is off? The route of the map?

The Cheeseheads

I created a route in Google Earth from home to the Geobash. The route in GE was right over the highway the whole way.

I saved it as a KML file and uploaded it to GC.com. After the upload, I clicked the preview link and the route in the Google Maps window showed it still over the highways.

After I saved it, however, the route now looks like this:

23f51ebc-a607-456f-8242-79a12f6723fa.jpg

The route is now shifted about 1.5 miles to the north and about 0.5 miles to the west. Did the actual route get shifted or is the route overlay just a bit off?

In other words, if I burn a PQ based on this route to get caches within 0.5 miles of my route, are they going to be along my intended route or is the found set going to be shifted as well?

Widely reported problem recently - however the PQ seems to give you the correct caches along the correct route - simply a preview problem of some kind.

Yup. I ran the PQ anyway and it seems to be okay, although for some reason, even though I have the listed coordinates of Geobash as the endpoint, that wasn't returned with the results. :laughing:

Widely reported problem recently - however the PQ seems to give you the correct caches along the correct route - simply a preview problem of some kind.

My pocket queries give me the erroneous route data, not the route that I originally made. In other words, my PQs return caches along the screwed up route shown on the map.