Web cam caches - how to take the picture?

Geokashers

How does one do the screen capture for a web cam cache?? I know I can do a alt-printscrn and capture the entire screen....but that gets a lot of stuff outside the web cam (at least for the GCC173 cache!). I saw in the logs that folks are getting just the web cam shot so....how does on do this? Yes....I know that I have to call someone to have them to the real work ... :rolleyes:

Thanks!

John

How does one do the screen capture for a web cam cache?? I know I can do a alt-printscrn and capture the entire screen....but that gets a lot of stuff outside the web cam (at least for the GCC173 cache!). I saw in the logs that folks are getting just the web cam shot so....how does on do this? Yes....I know that I have to call someone to have them to the real work ... :rolleyes:

Thanks!

John

You can download a program that can grab any section on your screen like Screenhunter...

Once you do alt+prrint screen open up a program like MS Paint and paste the image there. Then crop it. Just looked at the webcam in question, in the webcam box there is a button that says snapshot, click that then right click and save the pop-up image.

Edited by stepshep

That particular camera has a button on the upper right of the live camera image that says, "snapshot" - click that button and your image is saved to its own webpage, and you're taken there. Right click the image and "save as"

I owned a webcam that would only capture an image if you had a particular Java script loaded. It was a PITA, cachers kept doing screen capture and posting that. The cacher image wasn't good enough to be a valid webcam log. I finally archived it.