Had any good logs lately?

Do you own a cache that people loved finding and then took the time to tell you about it? Post it here so others can feel the love too.

Hawaii State Lottery GC13EZQ: July 15 by thequeenbee (638 found)

This cache was tops on my list to go after for the past few weeks. (I’d been doing minimal hiking and caching due to a family emergency). With TGB I know I should expect the unexpected but they still manage to amaze

I think honu and I should get bonus bucks for this one since previous finders Dadwrap and Bper were along for the walk. They would just stop in their tracks at various locations and stare off in the distance, as if we were to be looking for something there. Of course there was nothing and we decided to trust the technology instead!

All of the stages were more than fun. I’d like to nominate this one already for best cache of the year

Thanks Team GeoBlast!

I had a couple of great FTF logs for a cache I placed in the forest yesterday... these guys were fast.

I See Slow Elk

GC14DVD

July 17 by Giddi (119 found)

Discovered that a new cache had been released near here, so we jumped in the old '76 Ford F150 (Codenamed Ironport) and headed for the hills. It was a lovely day, just enough clouds in the sky to make the heat of the day bearable. Things looked greener and the air smelled fresher after that cloudburst that came through over the weekend.

We (DISGLFR and I) finally found the turnoff for the jeep trail you talked about. Indeed we saw some Slow Elk, but I think most of them were hiding in the deep bushes. We only counted a handful before reaching the end of the road. We did see one dead and bloated specimen near one of the troughs. It was smelling up the area and looked like it was going to burst.

While I did some maintenance on my truck from the rough roads (the camper shell was coming off), DISGLFR wrestled with the fact that the GPS was not getting any reading from the satellites. The trees and the storm clouds were making him do some creative sight-n-go orienteering.

The cache finally got found and we were able to make our trades. Thanks for the neat hide. I really like that container, very sturdy and water tight. I took some keys and a skull and crossbones die. Left some foreign coins and some cool 2005 and 2006 nickels.

On the way back down the road, we were nearly hit by a fella on a dirt bike. He was leading a caravan of about 10 different off-road vehicles. DISGLFR yelled "First to Find!" at them, but I think they just thought he was a bit touched in the head.

On the way back down the road, after our close call with Ghost Rider, we were again reminded of our mortality when we passed that dead "Slow Elk." It had now attracted a couple of red headed vultures. They were cool looking, and as we drove up they flew away from the carcass and roosted in the branches of the aspens.

Neat trip Redcap, thanks.

July 17 by DISGLFR (121 found)

Yippie! FTF! When I got to work today Giddi says "Hey, new cache up there behind yer place. Wanna go for lunch?" I said, "Yah! Just heard about it too. Let's go!"

It's the perfect day. Overcast and not too hot. Made the dusty road ride all the more fun. Other than the smelly bloated bovine along the road and a near dirt biker on the hood of Giddi's truck, the trip went really well.

When we got to the stop, I told Giddi his camper shell was falling off and he'd better look at it right away. (snicker, here it comes) As soon as he climbed in the back of the pickup to tighten the bolts, I made my move and dashed off to find the cache first. Hehe. Ok, in reality, I was nursing our only GPS signal to hopefully point me in the direction and I just got lucky and marched right to it.

This is a nice container. Almost too shiney and clean to be a geocache, but I guess the years ahead will take care of that. I swapped out the 2 geocoins in the cache for 2 geocoins I was carrying. Nice to swap a beautiful new SEIGO geocoin for a beautiful new SEIGO geocoin.

Thanks for the cache Redcap!

Those logs made the entire effort worthwhile.

GCWX7V, "Don't Hit Rock Bottom"

This is the older of my two active geocaches and I absolutely have loved reading the logs for this. I get thrilled every time i get an email alert for this cache! :D

These are a few of my favorites:

June 23 by Team Rosswell (69 found)

Daddy-Daughter Day! 5th of 6! (#49)

This is by far the best hidden cache we have found so far!

KUDOS to Red 07Z and Keruso!

A took a soldier loading a rocket launcher, daddy took a Pokeman keychain.

Left Brokeoff Mountain Green Jeep TB and 2 keychains (beaded lizard and Greater Pittsburgh F.C.U.)

SL TFTC!

July 16 by the_dude & sarah (90 found)

5th and coolest cache of the day. I had no idea these trails covered so much ground back here. I think I found a couple fishin holes too! TNLNSL. TFTC.

July 23, 2006 by The Leprechauns (2677 found)

I appreciated this opportunity to show a visiting friend a little bit of the Montour Trail before he had to head back to the airport after a fun day of geocaching. You did a very nice job showcasing some stuff in this area that I had never seen before. The view from near the cache is superb, and the bridge, old road and old building were most cool. We found the cache quickly and it is in good shape. Thanks for hiding this one.

[view this log on a separate page]

Edited by Red 07Z

Do you own a cache that people loved finding and then took the time to tell you about it? Post it here so others can feel the love too.

This cache was tops on my list to go after for the past few weeks. (I’d been doing minimal hiking and caching due to a family emergency). With TGB I know I should expect the unexpected but they still manage to amaze

I think honu and I should get bonus bucks for this one since previous finders Dadwrap and Bper were along for the walk. They would just stop in their tracks at various locations and stare off in the distance, as if we were to be looking for something there. Of course there was nothing and we decided to trust the technology instead!

All of the stages were more than fun. I’d like to nominate this one already for best cache of the year

Thanks Team GeoBlast!

Same cache's log today:

Log Date: 8/5/2007

We love caching! [:D]

We set off for a leisurely 2 hour walk to find this cache. #1 found Stage 1 (this doesn't look right....) and we were all grins while picking our winning numbers. As we found the coordinates for Stage 2, the call of the heights just wouldn't let us go. It was a perfect day up on the ridge -- we couldn't pass it up!

So bribing #1 and #2 with 'you can have WHATEVER you want' for lunch, we headed up to Wiliwilinui Ridge Cache (sans hiking boots and/or any common sense). #2 and CL were left at the bottom of the ropes but DK and #1 made the summit. Then it was back down to the final.

Whew. We knew it was a TGB cache, so we weren't looking for the ordinary. But holy cow -- how extraordinary can you get!!! Simply amazing. We were starving, but still thoroughly impressed. We took the Monster TB and a car and Uno and left some sunscreen.

And then we went to Zippy's.... Have we mentioned how much we LOVE caching? [:D][:laughing:]

Thanks Team GeoBlast!

Same cache today:

Log Date: 8/5/2007

We love caching! [:D]

We set off for a leisurely 2 hour walk to find this cache. #1 found Stage 1 (this doesn't look right....) and we were all grins while picking our winning numbers. As we found the coordinates for Stage 2, the call of the heights just wouldn't let us go. It was a perfect day up on the ridge -- we couldn't pass it up!

So bribing #1 and #2 with 'you can have WHATEVER you want' for lunch, we headed up to Wiliwilinui Ridge Cache (sans hiking boots and/or any common sense). #2 and CL were left at the bottom of the ropes but DK and #1 made the summit. Then it was back down to the final.

Whew. We knew it was a TGB cache, so we weren't looking for the ordinary. But holy cow -- how extraordinary can you get!!! Simply amazing. We were starving, but still thoroughly impressed. We took the Monster TB and a car and Uno and left some sunscreen.

And then we went to Zippy's.... Have we mentioned how much we LOVE caching? [:D][:laughing:]

How can you not like a log like this?

Waiting for Ironman GCRMOY

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

:blink: Squarehead found Waiting for Ironman (Traditional Cache)

Chops calls... "Theres a new cache up Matlock way, sounds like a good one and its by C-Gal! Lets go!!!"

A short time later we're speeding up the middle Satsop looking for a route to the cache... missed the first turn but took the next one and doubled back. After that it was a pretty good job of naviguessing by Chops... He drove right to it. A short walk and then the fun began.

We were all over that place but couldn't find anything, so after at least half an hour, I marked ground zero with my hat and we really got serious.

"Look at this interesting spot" sez I.

"I see it!!!" he sez

"Where???"

"Right There!!!"

"Holy s#*@t!!!"

A good 45 minutes later, we're licking a few wounds, patting each other on the back, and heading for the truck.

Didn't wait around for Ironman cause Chops had missed lunch and was getting pretty hungry.

I thought C-Gal had softened a bit... No Way!!

She's even more evil than before.

Good job... We had a ball.

michelle

How can you not like a log like this?

Waiting for Ironman GCRMOY

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

:blink: Squarehead found Waiting for Ironman (Traditional Cache)

Chops calls... "Theres a new cache up Matlock way, sounds like a good one and its by C-Gal! Lets go!!!"

A short time later we're speeding up the middle Satsop looking for a route to the cache... missed the first turn but took the next one and doubled back. After that it was a pretty good job of naviguessing by Chops... He drove right to it. A short walk and then the fun began.

We were all over that place but couldn't find anything, so after at least half an hour, I marked ground zero with my hat and we really got serious.

"Look at this interesting spot" sez I.

"I see it!!!" he sez

"Where???"

"Right There!!!"

"Holy s#*@t!!!"

A good 45 minutes later, we're licking a few wounds, patting each other on the back, and heading for the truck.

Didn't wait around for Ironman cause Chops had missed lunch and was getting pretty hungry.

I thought C-Gal had softened a bit... No Way!!

She's even more evil than before.

Good job... We had a ball.

michelle

You are right, that's a very fun one! I can almost visualize those two out there throwing their hat down at GZ and "getting serious."

Operation Wreckhunter

June 23 by PezCachers (3615 found)

Operation Wreckhunter is a great cache series that test your endurance and rewards you with outstanding locations and spectacular scenery. The final had me driving over 280 miles and a twelve-hour round trip from our home. Worth ever minute of it!

I especially liked the 60+ mile off-road drive. The cache is one of the best stocked we have come across in a while-lots of quality items. It’s well camoed and hidden from view. That had to be a big job getting it up there! I saw deer, quail and bear scat all along my hike to GZ. This location is one that I would love to come back and spend the night and do more exploring.

I came across a couple that was filtering water while thru-hiking the PCT. I gave them drinks, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, fruit and cookies. They were very happy to receive those gifts. I think the girl was just as happy when I took their trash bag for them. They had six more days on trail before hitting a place to resupply.

Operation Wreckhunter is a great adventure and a first-class cache. Anybody willing to find the final will keep the high quality cache content going, I’m sure. Thanks Kit Fox. Your efforts were well worth it.

Pezcachers

T- FTF coin, Conejo Cachers coin and survival cards

L- Two packs each of $5.00 John Adams dollar coins, multi tool, flag pin and of course a Pez

I placed my first cache, Dudley's "Only a Lad" Cache at the end of May. Below is my favorite log to date. I know DE through his great hides in the area and through our mutual membership in MAGC. His kind words meant a lot. He just asked me again recently if I was planning on placing any more in the area.

June 5 by DragonsEar (1025 found)

WOW! If this is your first hide, can't wait to see what you come up with next! I absolutely LOVE walking along the rivers in this part of the state, and this cache gave me a chance to see the west bank of the Middle Pax River, one I have see so many times from the other side; searching for caches in in Savage Park. Walked by the remains of the old dam that was there to service the mill, and generally just had a great time on a beautiful, cool, June evening after work. Chose this cache to turn loose one of the GeoWoodstock V coins I got down in Raleigh last month. It's a cool icon, grab it while it's there! MANY thanks for the hide! Caches like this one are why I keep on chasing waypoints!

I appreciated the log by this cacher on my cache, "Hard Hike, Easy Find".

icon_smile.gif July 21 by Team Gecko (2705 found)

12:35 pm.

Sixteenth find of a warm, humid morning. This hill was reached via a cross-country power hike from “Blame This On T.R.” ridgeline peninsula. Although only a mile away, as a crow flies, the terrain in between features multiple ravines and steep pitches at each end. Without checking my GPSr, I stood on top of these rocks to watch several vultures doing very close flybys. I only realized there was a cache here when I was at “Of Course We Did” and saw this one was quite close. I really like this location and the cache hiding spot was my favorite of the day. I appreciated the small amount of midday shade afforded by these boulders. Left four lizards – pink, yellow and green, dark green horned, and brown. Also dropped off a Canadian Flag keyring (seemed cool to bring it to within sight of Mexico). Took an HP promotional Koosh-style toy. Log indicated TR was here earlier today. Sorry I missed him. Thanks.

-Gecko Dad

photo.png Over-the-shoulder view

photo.png Vulture lookout

photo.png Imitating an eagle

photo.png Close enough

photo.png Top of the hill

photo.png Lawson and Gaskill

Gecko Dad has been caching a lot longer than I have, so I was very appreciative he even looked for one of my caches. :blink:

St. Andrew's Wee Wall - GCN54Z

Tygress writes poems for memorable caches, this one was priceless -

Speed bonnie cacher, like a bird on the wing,

Onward, the GPS cries

Carry us to that 'I found it!' sing

To th' wee cache grow nigh.

Muggles here abound, tempting is the store,

Rain clouds paint the air their grey.

Baffled, not for log; as cachers know the score

And falls the first cach today.....

Though the rains threat, we fear no wet!

As caching, a tad northward, we head.

Salado's first stop -- we'll cache 'til we drop

Perhaps 'til the sun sinks to bed.

But that all lies ahead, for now enjoy THIS cache

Tucked in its wee TexScot wall

Ok, the log is signed, now away we'll dash....

Hark to yon next cache's call....

Speed bonnie cacher, like a bird on the wing,

Onward, the GPS cries

Let every cache 'I found it!' joy bring

Where're the wee caches lie.

1346 Muskrat View:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...00-619dec9a1499

This was definitely the most memorable cache we have ever done! When we got to the cache site, there were goose feathers and blood everywhere. Other body parts that appeared to belong to an unfortunate goose were scattered about on the boardwalk. We kicked them into the water. That’s the first part of the story. The second part in much more entertaining:

The cache was partially submerged, but dry. It was found quickly by my son, TheWaypointKid. In his eagerness to get the cache, he inadvertently kicked my Garmin 60CS into the water under the board walk. Having a $500+ GPS lost in a swamp a thousand miles away from home was not my idea of fun. We tried to reach over the boardwalk and retrieve my GPS, but the water depth was about a foot more than we could reach. The water was very cold and murky. My brother, whom I will refer to as Dr. Guts (a Gastroentrologist in his muggle life) mentioned going back to his house and getting something to fish it out with. It was getting late. I figured the by the time we did that, it would be in the dark.

So, I did the next best thing and took off my pants, shoes and socks and jumped in the thigh high muck to find the GPS. After feeling around a bit, I dished something out that felt like a GPS. It was not my GPS. It was a rock that was shaped like a GPS. Possibly a decoy put there as a bad joke? I quickly deduced that the GPS had to be further under the boardwalk and was possibly floating away just off the bottom, which meant one thing. I was going to be wet to at least my waist, or more, and needed to do it quickly. The water was not getting any warmer either.

The thought of spending $500+ again motivated me to reach further under the boardwalk. So I groped around some more, until finally I found my GPS floating upright just off the bottom. I immediately grabbed it and jumped back on the boardwalk. The GPS was still on and “no satellite reception” was glaring at me. I pushed a button, and everything went upside down on the screen. The supposedly waterproof Garmin 60CS was not waterproof in a real life field test! Hopefully, it will work again after it is dried out.

After I was shivering on the boardwalk, Dr. Guts took pity on me and literally gave me the shirt off his back, which I used for a towel. Since there was nobody around, I quickly put my jeans on “cowboy style” before Dr. Guts could give me a free rectal exam. We then signed/stamped the logs for the geocache and letterbox, left nothing, grabbed a hand warmer out of the cache and took my wet underwear with us.

Thanks for the memorable cache!!

Rathergohiking & TheWaypointKid

Traverse City, Michigan

NOTE: 12/31/06: After drying out for about a week my GPS came back to life today!!

A recent log on High & Low

Unfortunately one stage was missing but they were able to overcome that and still had a great time. :anitongue:

July 1 by Fabu Two (333 found)

Short Log: WE FOUND IT! WE LIVED! IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Long Log: We started out with much anticipation heading out; we had been contemplating this hide for some time waiting for the right time for us. Today was the day. Last night I started having second thoughts and re-read all the past logs. My other half, who has no fear at all, couldn't wait to get there and there was no way I was changing my mind, apparently.

En route, we realized no one thought about directions. Oh well, we have our GPS and arrow, right? Well, that was a short fiasco, but we managed.

Upon arrival, we check our list and head out. We both loved the trail and the journey. At stage one, we had some issues, and called to confirm that Stage One does have an issue. The good news is that Mr. Fabu loves this stuff and didn't find it to be a challenge... that was not the case with my nerves though.

Also at this spot, we met a young hiker... Chad. Talk about getting lucky! He frequents this area and knows every little trail, etc. Our phone-a-friend, new personal guide (who was really more of an angel), and the unyielding adventure of my better half is to whom we can thank for this find.

Unfortunately, we need to limit our details so we don't spoil the fun for upcoming finders... but it was just an incredible trip. I will further note that we brought everything requested as well as some "extras" as recommended which was a very good thing, as a MAJOR part of my equipment failed in the midst of Stage Two. YIKES! Make that DOUBLE YIKES!!! And yes... I temporarily FREAKED OUT! (Those of you who know me will enjoy the vision, I'm sure).

Thankfully, we were semi-prepared that something liek this could happen thanks to the advice of a good friend. This really could have gotten very ugly otherwise. (BRING EVERYTHING INSTRUCTED TO... TRUST ME!!!)

Chad knew his way around so well and made it all seem so easy. We were very lucky to have run into him... I believe this may be my other half's very favorite cache, and the bar has been set. I may never get him out to find another micro, ever!

We enjoyed this hide so much that we are planning another trip back out there with JerseyTrex... and look forward to doing it again!!!

A few logs froom one of my caches...

Not bad for a noob I must say. :anitongue:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...=y&decrypt=

Not all that glitters is gold...GC12HX3

August 4 by chezbuten (579 found)

Last day for us out here... so we decided to do some hiking and take in this multi. AWESOME multi... thanks!! Love the way the hides are done for the stages along the way, very clever... and it was a great hiking tour of some interesting areas. Thanks for the tour! It was certainly our most enjoyable cache in our week out here and one of the best multi's we've done. We had a few showers on our hike, but they actually felt good because it was 80 & muggy... and as our 3.5 yr old said we're just going to shower later, so it doesn't matter if we get wet.

TFTC!!

June 5 by team5150 (443 found)

This was a fantastic cache!!! This was our 400th find, so we wanted to do a great cache for it and this one did not disappoint! The trail was wonderful, the coords were spot on, and the history lesson along the way was great! The mine at the final was awesome. Caches like this are what geocaching is all about, in my opinion. Great job on this one, this is going on our list of favorite caches! Thanks for all of your time and effort in creating this multi!!! Grabbed the TB to celebrate our milestone. Thanks for bringing us here! - Gary and the kids of team5150

May 27 by Acid Rain (555 found)

Stage 1: Wow oh wow, I really liked this area. I am envious of the area... wish I had explored this place earlier so I could put a cache. Makes me wonder what other untagged areas are still out there. North of here must really be something, but I think it's all private. This is probably the southern edge of the mass mining of the Keystone area. I will have to look at the map again. Really like the grotto, wish I have a rope or a ladder to get up there. Guessing that's what the log it for, but was too lazy to prop it up.

Stage 2: I dunno what the deal was here, either the coords are way off (100ft-100yds), or I entered a bad digit when copying it down. Could be the adjustment you mentioned in your May 3, log, eh, probably my error. Searched for a good half hour. I didn't have the sheet on me, but had read the clue, and eventually looked over by the structure. There it was.

Stage 3: Went to the entrance first and a rock fell off the rim. Either there were other people around in hiding (doubtful) or I just timed my arrive right. I had to throw in some of my own. Black oil like slime came up. Reminds me of that mind control stuff from x-files. It'd be neat to film a movie here, but that water can't be good for a person. Arsenic, bacteria, etc?

Took the short way out. Enjoyed the whole cache adventure. We need move like these. TFTC! TB in the rock pouch is still there.

Edited by crookedcastle7