Returning a Coin

Virginia Cache Hounds

I wanted to release some coins or TB with specific missions that include traveling different places and getting photos taken. Then at the end of a set period to have them returned to me and go into a "scrap-book" with the photos. What does everyone think of this? Is it a good idea? Thanks!

Thats an awesome idea. "Go for it" I say!

I think it's a great idea. My daughter, ToriExplorer, made this Traveling Gnome TB and set it free almost 2 years ago, from down here in Florida. It's been up the east coast, and travelled back and forth between the eastern and western edges of Canada. We're hoping it'll make it off this continent. Eventually, we plan to request that it come back home. Then, we're hoping to create a global map, showing everywhere it's been, including some of the pictures. Great for a "show-and-tell" type of project!

TravelingGnome-small.jpg

Edited by MommyFinder

We have released to TBs that had goals to travel to specific places and they both completed their goals!

To Gramie's House I Go! -- This one needed to go to California and then we would come out there and pick it up. It made it from Georgia to California and we got it in February.

Merry Christmas to S.A.M. -- This one was to travel all over the state of Georgia and collect Christmas messages in some little notebooks from other cachers to our children and then to return home to us for Christmas 2006. Well guess what it did! Another cacher picked it up in early December and brought it to us at an event. We put the notebooks in the girls stockings and they got to read all the nice notes other cachers wrote to them.

So yes you can get return bugs/coins and it is really fun to do it! :P:)

We plan on releasing the Christmas TB again very soon to be returned Christmas 2008 and I think this time we will let it travel all over the US. :blink: