Lost Walking boots

Hi.

Just had a great weekends walking in Snowdonia.

Only thing to mar this was that Joe unfortunately left his walking boots in a layby between Tryan and Ogwen Cottage.

I know there are caches in the area having previously visited some myself.

So if any fellow cachers happened to find them or handed them in anywhere could they let me know.

I know its a long shot but its got to be worth a try.

We must be a forgetful family as I left my digital camera in the very same layby last year and someone handed that in.

The boots are blue and made by Karrimor.

Fingers crossed

Ray of RayAl&boys

Sorry to hear this ....

It is a bit of a long shot, but a work colleague (non-cacher, but who knows all about it) is heading up to a remote cabin somewhere in Snowdonia at the end of week.

No idea where the cabin is or in fact where your layby is ..........but I have emailed him with info.

I doubt if their paths (his car and the layby) will cross, but I would hate it if he came back after a week away and said 'hey - guess what, we spotted a pair of walking boots in a layby' - so thought it would be worth an email to him.

I hope that you see the boots again.

Sorry to hear this ....

It is a bit of a long shot, but a work colleague (non-cacher, but who knows all about it) is heading up to a remote cabin somewhere in Snowdonia at the end of week.

No idea where the cabin is or in fact where your layby is ..........but I have emailed him with info.

I doubt if their paths (his car and the layby) will cross, but I would hate it if he came back after a week away and said 'hey - guess what, we spotted a pair of walking boots in a layby' - so thought it would be worth an email to him.

Thanks for that.

You never know, long shots work sometimes.

While we were at the foot ot Tryfan we were joking about a competition I entered recently in trail magaazine.

The prize was a course for people suffering from a fear of heights.(me)

Guess what arrived in my inbox yesterday.

Confirmation I've won a place on the course up in the Peak District.

So who knows, next time I might be at the top of Tryfan looking down not just wishing I could get up there.

Fingers crossed & thanks for trying.

RayAl&boys

Sorry to hear this ....

Thanks for that.

You never know, long shots work sometimes.

While we were at the foot ot Tryfan we were joking about a competition I entered recently in trail magaazine.

The prize was a course for people suffering from a fear of heights.(me)

Guess what arrived in my inbox yesterday.

Confirmation I've won a place on the course up in the Peak District.

So who knows, next time I might be at the top of Tryfan looking down not just wishing I could get up there.

Fingers crossed & thanks for trying.

RayAl&boys

Wow that's karma! Well done.

I'll have a look too, I'm walking (should I say climbing?) Tryfan this Sunday, and then get the few caches along the top too. Whilst in the area I'll definately keep a look out for blue Karrimor walking boots.

I didn't find the boots sorry. But that's because we didn't end up going up Tryfan. Weather forecast not great, but we were still planning on going but with the weather forecast saying possible thunder and lightning... thought it best not to be over 900 metres above sea level with clapping great big thunderbolts zapping around you... erred on side of caution and if affected the rescue mission for your boots.

Sorry!

Scott

Edited because I missed the n't on did! Me go loco.

Edited by scottpa100

I'll have a look too, I'm walking (should I say climbing?) Tryfan this Sunday, and then get the few caches along the top too. Whilst in the area I'll definately keep a look out for blue Karrimor walking boots.

I didn't find the boots sorry. But that's because we didn't end up going up Tryfan. Weather forecast not great, but we were still planning on going but with the weather forecast saying possible thunder and lightning... thought it best not to be over 900 metres above sea level with clapping great big thunderbolts zapping around you... erred on side of caution and if affected the rescue mission for your boots.

Sorry!

Scott

Edited because I missed the n't on did! Me go loco.

Good decision.

Not a good place to be in a thunderstorm.

Not that I've ever got there.

But who knows after my Neuro Linguistic Programming in August (fear of heights course) perhaps I will realise my ambition.

Thanks for trying anyway.

Now where to find a good pair of walking boots for one forgetful son?

RayAl&boys

Well, I spoke to my work colleague on Tuesday night and he knows the layby you mean - good start :) and said he will stop and have a look (think it will be tomorrow or weekend) ........so fingers crossed.

He has returned - but sadly no joy. Sorry :ninja:

Quote from him ".......sadly no. The day I looked, it was the worst rain I have had the misfortune to go out in. Caught in one flood coming straight down a hill, complete with boulders. Didn't look absolutely everywhere but I am sure the're long gone"