proper etiquette?

red ink

Well, taking that many things from a cache, especially on a FTF, DOES seem excessive. It doesn't leave much for those who follow, does it? So, while there's nothing technically wrong with doing it, it's kind of selfish and inconsiderate.

Just to clarify, though, Travel Bugs aren't really trade items. It's assumed that folks will take TBs and move them along, regardless of whether they want to trade for other items in the cache.

Well, taking that many things from a cache, especially on a FTF, DOES seem excessive. It doesn't leave much for those who follow, does it? So, while there's nothing technically wrong with doing it, it's kind of selfish and inconsiderate.

Just to clarify, though, Travel Bugs aren't really trade items. It's assumed that folks will take TBs and move them along, regardless of whether they want to trade for other items in the cache.

NOTED

I am knew at this, but I tried to read the rules before going out to find the caches. If you take something, you are suppose to leave something in it's place. If you take a Travel Bug "T.B.", you have two weeks to place the t.b. in a new place, also, you are suppose to post on line, you have the item and when you plan to hide it again..... I don't know all the rules and etiquette's of the sport yet, but there is a page that gives you a some guide lines to follow...

just had my first cache published,ftf took 2tbs,2007 red jeep,unactivated tb plus the 1890

silver dollar for ftf , is this proper to take all tb's plus the special coin for ftf? GC13DJH

NOTED END OF DISCUSSION,

The one Unactivated TB was swag and should have been traded for.

One solution to greedy types, especially if they are FTF hogs is to provide a certificate that can be send in for the FTF prize. Make it only good to new FTF's. Sure the hog may come along and be the FTF but the second to find is the first qualifying FTF and the one that gets the prize. More work on your part, but a more equitable outcome and it keeps the pigs out of the shared trough if they can't share.

One solution to greedy types, especially if they are FTF hogs is to provide a certificate that can be send in for the FTF prize. Make it only good to new FTF's. Sure the hog may come along and be the FTF but the second to find is the first qualifying FTF and the one that gets the prize. More work on your part, but a more equitable outcome and it keeps the pigs out of the shared trough if they can't share.

RK, what do you mean by "new FTF's?" A First to Find is a First to Find. Its a one shot thing. The first person to find a (published) cache is the First to Find. This isn't something that renews.

Did you mean a first time First to Finder? If so, the STF is definitely not the FTF, new or otherwise. What if they also had a FTF? Being second doesn't necessarily solve the problem.

As I said, a First to Find is a First to Find. If its their first, "Congratulations!"

It sounds like you don't care for persons who have more than one FTF. One has to wonder ... buy I'll be nice. :laughing:

Edited by LifeOnEdge!

RK, what do you mean by "new FTF's?" A First to Find is a First to Find. Its a one shot thing. The first person to find a (published) cache is the First to Find. This isn't something that renews.

Did you mean a first time First to Finder? If so, the STF is definitely not the FTF, new or otherwise. What if they also had a FTF? Being second doesn't necessarily solve the problem.

As I said, a First to Find is a First to Find. If its their first, "Congratulations!"

It sounds like you don't care for persons who have more than one FTF. One has to wonder ... buy I'll be nice. :laughing:

Good Idea!

...RK, what do you mean by "new FTF's?" A First to Find is a First to Find. Its a one shot thing. The first person to find a (published) cache is the First to Find. This isn't something that renews.

It sounds like you don't care for persons who have more than one FTF. One has to wonder ... buy I'll be nice. :anibad:

FTF is FTF. That's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is an FTF hog who takes all the FTF prizes so all the cache owner is doing is filling up the guys trophy case with FTF prizes.

There is no problem with an owner wanting to spread around the FTF cheer. Thus they can leave a certificate in their cache and say, "First to Find, Who hasn't claimed a prize before gets this prize" That's how door prizes are run. No reason you can't run cache prizes the same way.

It doesn't change that someone who likes to be FTF won't just go to the cache and be first. But it does change who the first qualified FTF is.