Seattle City Park cache

SeattleSun

My one and only cache is in a city park. I was at the library today and noticed that there will be a community clean-up party of the park in a couple of weeks, and then possibly a regularly scheduled cleanup after that. Does anyone have experience with talking to the powers that be (at the parks department or otherwise) and notifying them of a cache in the park? I am not sure that I will always be able to find out when the work parties will happen, and I would hate to have the cache "cleaned up" every month or more.

I know the park and area you're talking about pretty well seeing as I live in the neighborhood. :unsure:

It's usually pretty much the same cast of characters that shows up for these types of things in the neighborhood, especially at the park. I'd recommend going out there and explaining it to some people at the first work party. The info would then filter down at later work parties. It'd probably be safest that way.

The parks department probably wouldn't help in this case, as I think it's mostly neighborhood residents working on these things.

We found your cache pretty easily several weekends back. If you live in the area, then disable it for the day.

I have done to several of my caches when there have been work parties at the parks.

That park seems pretty tidy, there should not be too much work there.

Another option would be to call the contact person for the clean up and let them know the cache is there. Most park managers and volunteer coordinators are happy to have the caches in the parks.

I have a weird three-year-old son who really loves yard work, so when I told him about this work party he asked if little kids could participate. So, I think we may just head over there on the morning of the work party and participate and also let them know about it. Hey Kelita, you want to get more involved in the neighborhood? You could come too!

We found your cache pretty easily several weekends back. If you live in the area, then disable it for the day.

I have done to several of my caches when there have been work parties at the parks.

That park seems pretty tidy, there should not be too much work there.

Another option would be to call the contact person for the clean up and let them know the cache is there. Most park managers and volunteer coordinators are happy to have the caches in the parks.

That's what I'd do. Get hold of the person heading up the actual clean up. After that the "usual' suspects for the clean up will know about your cache. If you can volunteer to clean up with them.

I need to double check the posting at the Greenwood library, but my memory is July 21 in the morning, like 9am or something.

Hmmm. It'd be really hard to help while holding/reading my new Harry Potter book at the same time. I'm hoping to not put it down all weekend so I can survive without spoilers. Though I *suppose* I could painfully break my grip for a brief bit of time. Does the park really need all that much cleanup anyway?

Argh, don't remind me! That's what I want to be doing, too, now that I think about it.

Wait, won't you have finished it already? Nine or ten hours should be enough, right? :D

I get the sense they are putting down mulch and that kind of stuff. I don't know if they clean up the grafitti that I saw referenced in one of the logs. I don't really know how much is necessary; I just feel like we need to go to put the word out about the cache. I was kind of joking about getting you out there too, but we would be happy to meet you.

I need to double check the posting at the Greenwood library, but my memory is July 21 in the morning, like 9am or something.

Hmmm. It'd be really hard to help while holding/reading my new Harry Potter book at the same time. I'm hoping to not put it down all weekend so I can survive without spoilers. Though I *suppose* I could painfully break my grip for a brief bit of time. Does the park really need all that much cleanup anyway?