PALM TUNGSTEN E2 OR DELL AXIM 30X

The Yinnies

I am using a Dell Axim 30 X now and I have a chance to buy it. But I am having a hard time trasfering PQ's GPX files with it. I have GPXSonar on it. I need something simple. Is th PALM TUNGSTEN E2 an easy unit to use vers the Dell? I also need the simplest way to set either of them up.

Thanks

I can't compare it to the Dell, but I use a Tungsten E2 with CacheMate to view PQ data and I find it very easy to use (coupled with GSAK on my pc).

If you were more specific about the problems you're having with the Dell, someone else may be able to provide a solution.

I think Cachemate would be a good choice for the DELL. Exporting the information in the correct format is easily done using GSAK.

If you are going to purchase a different PDA, you don't have to spend as much money as you would getting the E2. I've been using a Palm M500 for caching for more than 2 1/2 years and it works very well. You can pick one of those up for only $30.00 on eBay.

I think Cachemate would be a good choice for the DELL. Exporting the information in the correct format is easily done using GSAK.

If you are going to purchase a different PDA, you don't have to spend as much money as you would getting the E2. I've been using a Palm M500 for caching for more than 2 1/2 years and it works very well. You can pick one of those up for only $30.00 on eBay.

how is the m500 for battery life, i have a m125 i like it but when i lose the battery's i lose everything and have to reload cachemate, i thought when the battery's go bad it would store it on the memory card,,, i'am thinking about looking into the 500,

thanks for your input,

I use a Tungsten E2 with CacheMate and I find it very easy to use (with GSAK on my pc). They are a nice unit and you can also store music in there, pictures, Ebooks, pretty cool little units. If you want to go cheapest and have a palm dedicated to cacheing, I'm sure there are cheaper units that will work just fine. We got one that would hold a bit more memory and have a few more functions, just in case we wanted to use them.

Cheers!