I almost don't want to admit this..

Sorry, I still don't understand.

Some people never will...

You have a perfect analogy, but you are unable to explain it? :D

You over analyze things. Read what has been written. Use your imagination. It is all in fun! :D

I DID use my imagination and have fun. Didn't you see this?

Unfortunately, the great Obi-Wan has left us, but his ghost remains and guides us. Yoda is in hiding, so we must locate him so we can learn. I myself am not yet a Jedi but I am trying.... :D

obi-wan_kenobi.jpg

Sorry, I still don't understand.

Some people never will...

You have a perfect analogy, but you are unable to explain it? :D

You over analyze things. Read what has been written. Use your imagination. It is all in fun! :D

I DID use my imagination and have fun. Didn't you see this?

Unfortunately, the great Obi-Wan has left us, but his ghost remains and guides us. Yoda is in hiding, so we must locate him so we can learn. I myself am not yet a Jedi but I am trying.... :D

obi-wan_kenobi.jpg

I can see from your frame of reference that you haven't progressed beyond The Empire Strikes Back..... You know

that conflict right? Edited by Snoogans
Unfortunately, the great Obi-Wan has left us, but his ghost remains and guides us.

That's actually a clever bit of misdirection. Obi-Wan didn't get killed by DV, He moved to Georgia and changed his name to Mtn-Man.

The "Force" he was always preaching about in his movies is simply your FQ, Fun Quotiant.

The expression, "Use the Force", means, "Have Fun". :D

(at least, that's how Yoda explained it to me) :D

None of the changers have left the site so how things are apparently is good enough.
Actually this was a point of contention last night. I can't believe that some people can't fathom that some people have moved on from caching because of YKWs. When you list up the most logical reasons that people would quit that would certainly one of them. Plus I know people that have admitted it to me (I didn't have a tape recorder so you are going to have to just believe me :D ).

Fixed.

Okay, so they've moved on. So what? Are we hurting for people so much that when people leave we have to find out why they're leaving and change the game to suit them?

If we eliminated LPCs in order to keep these people from leaving, or to bring them back, what about the people that enjoy numbers runs that would get upset about the lack of LPCs and leave? I know of dozens of people that would leave in this situation, but don't ask me to document them or give you any proof since that's not really required for claims like these. B)

Show me one post where I said that... :D You guys just love making things up. Did you ever read Don Quixote? You are definitely chasing windmills...

"I'm very embarrassed, General Solo, but it seems you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor."

:D (I'm not sure why we're using Star Wars references, so I thought I'd throw one in there too.)

Star Wars captures the essence of my position. Plus it was a fun way for me to explain it. I would like people to feel "The Force" and become Jedi cache hiders or at least try.... B) By the way, have you seen Chewbacca? :D

Your position on geocaching is that a farm boy from a fringe planet will find himself involved in a war between the Imperialists and the Rebel Alliance? :D That's interesting.

There are a lot of parallels. BTW, why is it when you are around, I hear this slow hollow breathing sound like there is a mic in your helmet? :D

Mtn-man never told you what happened to your father, did he? TrailGators..... Jar Jar is your father!

Hi meesa son! Meesa been wanting to telling you for longo time.

All dem cachers been guessing da truth, since weesa having saaaame debate skills.

\

HPE13f027_jar_jar.JPG

Edited by Mushtang

I have absolutely no relation to Jar Jar Binks. That is the most annoying character in the series....

I remember that you once told me:

"Han, mah bukee, keel-ee caleya ku kah. Wanta dah moole-rah? Wonkee chee sa crispa con Greedo?

jabba.jpg

Can you please explain that to me?

"Han, mah bukee, keel-ee caleya ku kah. Wanta dah moole-rah? Wonkee chee sa crispa con Greedo?

It translates to: "Jar-Jar is TrailGator's father. Hooda thunkit? Want some more cheese crisps, Greedo?"

Edited by KBI

It translates to: "Jar-Jar is TrailGator's father. Hooda thunkit? Want some more cheese crisps, Greedo?"

Tisk, tisk! You should know your own language... :D

It actually translates to: Han, my boy, you disappoint me. Why haven't you paid me? And why did you fry poor Greedo?

Edited by TrailGators

I have absolutely no relation to Jar Jar Binks. That is the most annoying character in the series....

It means, "If you ever repeat these words in the forums, you're admitting you have tiny privates".

It means, "If you ever repeat these words in the forums, you're admitting you have tiny privates".

Don't they have some law like Godwins law for comments like this? If not lets call it Mushtangs law....

Don't they have some law like Godwins law for comments like this? If not lets call it Mushtangs law....

You mean like, "The first person to mention Mushtang's Law in a debate also admits they have small privates"?

Edited by Mushtang

You mean like, "The first person to mention Mushtang's Law in a debate also admits they have small privates"?

I'd go the first to mention privates, lost the debate, and has small feet. :D

Anyhow, before you guys diverted everything (post 357), we had an interesting analogy going the right direction. The concept of a Jedi when it comes to caching is basically what CR said: someone that mazimizes fun. I think that people that hide caches that make several must-do or favorites lists are Jedis because they have learned how to maximize fun. I am not yet a Jedi. I have made a few favorites lists but I'm not quite there....yet. I will continue to try. I do know that hiding YNWs will never make me or anyone a Jedi. If it ever does then the Empire has fallen.

Edited by TrailGators

With multiple privates, who cares if they are tiny? As a supporter of thinking outside of the box, I see this as an extreme advantage.

Anyhow, before you guys diverted everything (post 357),

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Oh.

Oooh.

That was a good one. Thanks for the laugh.

I do know that hiding YNWs will never make me or anyone a Jedi.

YNW = Yoda Likes Micros

See, obviously since there were no off topic Star Wars posts prior to Order 66, I mean, to Post 357, it wasn't possible to understand that those in the Empire are trying to wipe out micro caches, and those in the Rebellion are trying to save them for the thousands of people that enjoy them.

...those in the Empire are trying to wipe out micro caches, and those in the Rebellion are trying to save them for the thousands of people that enjoy them.
Once you quit hallucinating with your totally inaccurate perception of the truth, you'll realize that "The Force" is that which inspires one to hide funner caches. I've already explained a Jedi a couple of times but obviously some people are slow learners.... :D Edited by TrailGators
...those in the Empire are trying to wipe out micro caches, and those in the Rebellion are trying to save them for the thousands of people that enjoy them.
Once you quit hallucinating with your totally inaccurate perception of the truth, you'll realize that "The Force" is that which inspires one to hide funner caches. I've already explained a Jedi a couple of times but obviously some people are slow learners.... :D

So your interpretation of a Star Wars analogy is the only one that's allowed in the discussion? If someone else has a different viewpoint you insult them. That certainly sounds familiar.

The google ad at the top of this forum page when I read your reply was for Star Wars related stuff. Heh heh heh.

Once you quit hallucinating with your totally inaccurate perception of the truth, you'll realize that "The Force" is that which inspires one to hide funner caches. I've already explained a Jedi a couple of times but obviously some people are slow learners.... :D

So your interpretation of a Star Wars analogy is the only one that's allowed in the discussion? If someone else has a different viewpoint you insult them. That certainly sounds familiar.

The google ad at the top of this forum page when I read your reply was for Star Wars related stuff. Heh heh heh.

You keep saying they we want to get rid of all micros. That is completely false. Push it on someone else. You are chasing windmills, Don. The Dark Side is a lack of creativity.

You keep saying they we want to get rid of all micros. That is completely false. Push it on someone else. You are chasing windmills, Don. The Dark Side is a lack of creativity.

Apparently I had it wrong, Darth Gator. You really don't like the YMWs, but you think they should... flourish?

The dark side is mixing metaphors.

Apparently I had it wrong, Darth Gator. You really don't like the YMWs, but you think they should... flourish?

If you would read the thread instead of chasing windmills, I've already stated that my issue is to not have so many of the same exact same thing. Does the larger font help you understand this better? I would like to see more creativity to promote more fun. It is called a suggestion. :D Those that promote a lack of creativity (Dark Side) are people like Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader with my analogy. If the show fits then wear it.... :D Edited by TrailGators

If you would read the thread instead of chasing windmills,

So we're doing Don Quixote now? :D

I call Sancho Panza. The original shotgun. :D

Apparently I had it wrong, Darth Gator.

B):D:D:DB):D:D:D

So you figured it out. I saw it coming a mile away. It's always the dark side that goes outta their way to convince everyone they are on the side of good.

palpatine.jpg

emperor_palpatine.jpg

Edited by Snoogans

So we're doing Don Quixote now? :D I call Sancho Panza. The original shotgun. B)

I can't think of any character in Star Wars that is so delusional that he is chasing after something that doesn't exist. So Don Quixote fits much better for the way Mushtang is acting in this thread. I have no idea who wants all micros banned but he seems to think it's us.... :D

Apparently I had it wrong, Darth Gator.

So you figured it out. I saw it coming a mile away. It's always the dark side that goes outta their way to convince everyone they are on the side of good.

emperor_palpatine.jpg

I already posted who has that role... :D

Yes, but my mind is too simple to be trickd by your sith propaganda. :D

So we're doing Don Quixote now? B) I call Sancho Panza. The original shotgun. :D

I can't think of any character in Star Wars that is so delusional that he is chasing after something that doesn't exist. So Don Quixote fits much better for the way Mushtang is acting in this thread. I have no idea who wants all micros banned but he seems to think it's us.... :D

Kettle meet pot. Pot, Kettle. At the sound of the bell go to a neutral corner. :D

The cool thing aout geocaching is that there are so many different facets. Some people want to be the first to find. Some people are into travel bugs and geocoins. Some are into big numbers of finds. I know people who have tried to find 100 caches in a day!

I like finding interesting locations with history or views. I guess the micros are for people who like high numbers. I am glad they are there for them. My personal cache is an easy find. I placed it there near a coffee house that has the best coffee I have ever had. I don't advertise the place, but I hope pople are in the area and decide to try a cup. It is a mindless easy find though. If you like coffee it is a treasure.

I like your thoughts about micos, but they serve a purpose.

If you would read the thread instead of chasing windmills, I've already stated that my issue is to not have so many of the same exact same thing. Does the larger font help you understand this better? I would like to see more creativity to promote more fun. It is called a suggestion. :D Those that promote a lack of creativity (Dark Side) are people like Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader with my analogy. If the show fits then wear it.... :D

The show does fit. And it's a really big show.

And a really big font. I'll use one too, this is fun. :DIn my analogy the issue is to not have people stifle the kinds of hides that others enjoy, just because they don't like them.

You're right, the large font does help! Thanks for the tip.

Those that promote a lack of freedom of others to hide caches that they like, and that a lot of others enjoy finding, are people like Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader with my analogy.

I travel a lot. I would like to be able to walk from my hotel and find a cache if I'm on a trip. If someone had been thinking of hiding a micro cache then their choce would be to hide it or not. It sounds like if Darth Vader has his way then their choice would be to hide a "creative" cache (non-LPC, or YQW, or whatever you're calling them these days) or nothing. So they might choose nothing since all they really wanted to do was place an LPC, and now I won't be going caching that night since I happen to be without transportation.

The show must go on!

My original post was an attempt to share some of my learning experiences with a new hobby.

8 pages later, its a pissing contest over who had the wittiest Star Wars metaphor about the imminent demise of this game.

Should I drive by some farms and see if there are some dead horses left for you guys to beat on?

No wonder most members don't like posting in these forums.

If you would read the thread instead of chasing windmills, I've already stated that my issue is to not have so many of the same exact same thing. Does the larger font help you understand this better? I would like to see more creativity to promote more fun. It is called a suggestion. :D Those that promote a lack of creativity (Dark Side) are people like Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader with my analogy. If the show fits then wear it.... :D

The show does fit. And it's a really big show.

And a really big font. I'll use one too, this is fun. B)In my analogy the issue is to not have people stifle the kinds of hides that others enjoy, just because they don't like them.

You're right, the large font does help! Thanks for the tip.

Those that promote a lack of freedom of others to hide caches that they like, and that a lot of others enjoy finding, are people like Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader with my analogy.

I travel a lot. I would like to be able to walk from my hotel and find a cache if I'm on a trip. If someone had been thinking of hiding a micro cache then their choce would be to hide it or not. It sounds like if Darth Vader has his way then their choice would be to hide a "creative" cache (non-LPC, or YQW, or whatever you're calling them these days) or nothing. So they might choose nothing since all they really wanted to do was place an LPC, and now I won't be going caching that night since I happen to be without transportation.

The show must go on!

You've uncovered the sith plot. Now you must defeat their droid army. :D

My original post was an attempt to share some of my learning experiences with a new hobby.

8 pages later, its a pissing contest over who had the wittiest Star Wars metaphor about the imminent demise of this game.

Should I drive by some farms and see if there are some dead horses left for you guys to beat on?

:D:D:DB):DB)

You CAN report your own post and request the thread to be closed. Someone left the lid off this particular sandbox and all the neighborhood cats came and left presents. :D

Agreed. Thread closed.

LaTuFu, let me know if you want it re-opened for some reason.