I am new here and need some help.

Cinder2007

I stumbled upon this website yesterday and went looking for a cache with my mom and brother. We had no luck after looking two times. :laughing:

But today, luck wwas with us. We found our first geocache! It was very cool. My mom, brother, dad, and i are all going again tomorrow.

Here are my questions.

1. Does this forum feature a rank system?

2. where are the rules for these forums?

3. How do i let the hider of the cache know i found it?

4. Ive seen people with comments on the page that has the map to the geocache, how do i do that?

5. Ive also seen other people with numbers of caches discovered by there name, how do i do this?

6. My gps is acing crazy. It says "Upload not present". ANd it wont allow me to do anything with it. How do i fix this?

Also, any other tips conserning geocaching are greatly appreciated. <_<

I stumbled upon this website yesterday and went looking for a cache with my mom and brother. We had no luck after looking two times. :laughing:

But today, luck wwas with us. We found our first geocache! It was very cool. My mom, brother, dad, and i are all going again tomorrow.

Here are my questions.

4. Ive seen people with comments on the page that has the map to the geocache, how do i do that?

5. Ive also seen other people with numbers of caches discovered by there name, how do i do this?

6. My gps is acing crazy. It says "Upload not present". ANd it wont allow me to do anything with it. How do i fix this?

First of all..... Welcome to the forums!

A rank system for the forums?... what a great idea! I guess we can see who has the most number of posts.

Rules?.... You don't have to be nice...just don't get personal. If you cross the line, you get time out.

Let the hider know you found the cache by logging/posting on the cache page itself. I think it's the upper right corner somewhere.

comments... yes, that's Logging the cache. click on Found it if you found the cache, and add your comments.

The number of caches... I think that's automatic.

Upload not present?... Are you trying to upload a file to it? try the back or cancel button.

Here are my questions.

First of all..... Welcome to the forums!

A rank system for the forums?... what a great idea! I guess we can see who has the most number of posts.

Rules?.... You don't have to be nice...just don't get personal. If you cross the line, you get time out.

Let the hider know you found the cache by logging/posting on the cache page itself. I think it's the upper right corner somewhere.

comments... yes, that's Logging the cache. click on Found it if you found the cache, and add your comments.

The number of caches... I think that's automatic.

Upload not present?... Are you trying to upload a file to it? try the back or cancel button.

No im not trying to upload anything. It has never been used. My dad was issued it for his job but he never used so he let me have it. I fired it up and it just said upload not present. I cant exit it oranything. O.o

Well... I'm not familiar with that message.

Perhaps if you.... um.... I don't know.

Sometimes people in here can help if they know what brand and model the receiver is.

I am familiar with Garmins only.

It is a garmin. A gps 12 xl 12 channel. I cant figure out how to work it. Is there a reset button or something?

Well, I guess I was right when I said I don't know.

I'm not familiar with that model at all.

Do ya have the book?

Did ya try pulling the batteries out and starting over?

Did it come with a disk and a download cable?

No, Yes but how do you start over. i Pulled the batteries out but, no. :laughing: I might take it to radio shack and see if they can help. <_<

Forum guidelines are here.

Did you find your first cache with or w/o the GPS?

Read your manual and check Garmins website. I have no idea but would guess it is the firmware. (?)

I found it without the gps. I learned we were extremely lucky. <_<

It doesnt have a manual. Or my dad lost it. >_>

What is firmware? It has never been used before if that helps?

Edited by Cinder2007

"1. Does this forum feature a rank system?

Also, any other tips conserning geocaching are greatly appreciated. "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

geocaching how-to

http://www.geocaching.com/about/

You'll need a user name at geocaching.com to log in.

In order to record your find you'll need to log in first.

Upload not present- What is the brand name of your GPS

Oops- I see you already answered that- check out the Garmin website- send them an email

Edited by Luckless