Pocket queries - GSAK

FireRef

When I get a PQ, I allow it to download inactive caches, which translates into GSAK changing them to inactive, and when I export them to my GPS, I leave them off the list. When a cache is archived, it disappears from the PQ, and then ends up staying listed as active in the GSAK database I have. This means I end up hunting for caches which, when I check online, have been archived for, in some cases, a long time.

Is there any way to get archived caches to show up in a PQ, so I can get them removed from the GSAK database? I have recently set up GSAK to not export caches which haven't been updated within the last month and a half, and this seems to have helped, but won't take care of recently archived caches.

Any suggestions?

There is a way to flag caches that are no longer part of a pq as archived. Some kind of macro.

But no - there is no way to include that in a PQ. The site does not support the use of PQs to keep an offline database. They want you to only use the freshest data possible off the web not stale data from your own pc.

After you get your new PQs to refresh your GSAK database, do a "Last .gpx Update" filter for any caches that didn't get updated within the last day or two.

The caches that filter returns will be the Archived ones. You can double check on the web site to make sure before deleting those from your database.

After you get your new PQs to refresh your GSAK database, do a "Last .gpx Update" filter for any caches that didn't get updated within the last day or two.

The caches that filter returns will be the Archived ones. You can double check on the web site to make sure before deleting those from your database.

Thank you for this tip I never though of it and have now had a tidy up :laughing: