Paris Trip

Sorry, not a cache. But--if you can get to the Eiffel Tower the night of 13 July (the day before Bastille Day), you can get an incredible sight. Since it stays light so late in France at this time of year, all of the areas around Paris that have local fireworks do them at the same time, right after sunset. If you can get op to the first or second level of the Eiffel Tower, you will see simultaneous fireworks displays all around--360 degrees! My wife and I saw this display in 2000, and we will never forget it!

I was in Paris for the day as a birthday treat last month, and found five in a walk from Notre Dame to Pont D'Alma, we then carried on to the Eiffel Tower. As it wasn't specifically a caching trip, we incorporated these into our planned walk.

(1/1)

23 Jan 04 Bonjour de Paris by IntotheWoods (GCHJA0)

A handy webcam cache just north of Notre Dame. (Thanks again Mrs Blorenge and SimplyPaul).

(2/1)

6 Feb 07 GEOPOLY - Chance by biboux (GC10T9F)

Convenient on street micro, easily found.

(1/1)

15 Jun 02 Who is She? (Paris) by John Stead (GC6612)

Handy virtual set by John Stead.

(1/1.5)

9 Apr 07 No Monet 4 Tea by Houndejaout (GC121TQ)

Very nice to drop Tbs in, lovely gardens but is out of comission at the moment cos of ground works.

(1/1)

13 Jun 02 Liberty's Flame by otterbuff (GC63DB)

Virtual over the tunnel ...

Enjoy!

A couple of easy multi's if you have the time in addition to ones already mentioned

Paris in Springtime (GCAD88) where the Doors lead singer was laid to rest but not part of the cache

Tea 4 Tour (Eiffel) (GCZB7M) some nice views of the tower

unfortunately :P

GEOPOLY - Chance by biboux (GC10T9F) the series has been archived although cachers are still finding it

There seems to be a boom in Paris with caches with about a dozen new ones since I was last there in March 07.

"Heart of Paris" - GCQTP6 and Tea 4 Tour (Eiffel) (GCZB7M) are two must do Paris caches.

I'd never been to the Jardin du Luxembourg so the two Latin Quartier caches GC134KP and GC135EY were great for me.

Would liked to of done Le parc Monceau GC13ETC but when I got there I noticed I hadn't got the pictures.

Get you thinking cap on for these two

The mysterious lettre - la lettre mistérieuse GC13KC4, solved but couldn't find.

The Da Vinci Code GC13QC3, couldn't solve part 2.

After trying these two I would suggest any cache by zarbatavis.

Bon voyage. <_<