Windows Vista and Palm Quick Install

Does anyone know how to make windows Vista work with a Palm? John got a new laptop that has Windows Vista and now we can't load files into cachemate on the PDA because the Palm Desktop software doesn't work with Windows Vista. Are we just out of luck?? tx...

The work around is to pull your memory card out (assuming you have one) put it in the reader of your pc and save the Cachemate file to the card. Put the file into the > Palm Folder > Launcher Folder. Put the card back in, start up Cachemate and tap on Cachemate at the top of the window or go into the menu of Cachemate and tap on import. That should do it.

Edited by Warriorrider

Does anyone know how to make windows Vista work with a Palm? John got a new laptop that has Windows Vista and now we can't load files into cachemate on the PDA because the Palm Desktop software doesn't work with Windows Vista. Are we just out of luck?? tx...

The work around is to pull your memory card out (assuming you have one) put it in the reader of your pc and save the Cachemate file to the card. Put the file into the > Palm Folder > Launcher Folder. Put the card back in, start up Cachemate and tap on Cachemate at the top of the window or go into the menu of Cachemate and tap on import. That should do it.

:ph34r: Thanks...the little used PDA we bought to save paper doesn't have a memory card....so I guess it's back to paper...

There is an update for Vista coming out pretty soon that should solve that. Windows Vista currently doesn't support ActiveSync.

Yup. I have a Palm and it will not work on my HP laptop running Vista. So.....I just load everything onyo my Palm via my desktop which is running XP.