Mountain bike caches

ThreeTrees

Hi,

Has anyone created bookmark lists of caches that are good for mountain bikes? I have had very little luck with pocket queries, they keep coming back with zero results with the bike attribute flagged.

I'm mainly interested in the North Jersey area, but anywhere in eastern PA, NJ or Southern NY would be great.

If you have any please also post them in the pinned bookmarks thread.

Thanks,

-ThreeTrees

Hi,

Has anyone created bookmark lists of caches that are good for mountain bikes? I have had very little luck with pocket queries, they keep coming back with zero results with the bike attribute flagged.

I'm mainly interested in the North Jersey area, but anywhere in eastern PA, NJ or Southern NY would be great.

If you have any please also post them in the pinned bookmarks thread.

Thanks,

-ThreeTrees

What is your level of skill and your bike type?

If you are a confident rider and have at least front suspension, I would recommend doing Ay Caramba as a good ride. There are also a number of caches in Kitattinny State Park that are along decent singletrack trails. I'll see if I can put a list together for you for northern NJ as I bike a lot in the area.

What is your level of skill and your bike type?

If you are a confident rider and have at least front suspension, I would recommend doing Ay Caramba as a good ride. There are also a number of caches in Kitattinny State Park that are along decent singletrack trails. I'll see if I can put a list together for you for northern NJ as I bike a lot in the area.

I have a full suspension bike and rate myself an intermediate with a healthy respect for bone breaking terain. :)

Closest frequent ride area for me is Lewis Morris Park (or should I say CondorTrax puzzle park :) ).

I haven't rode much over the past few years, but I figured it was time to dump my 17 year old StumpJumper for a new sweet full suspension model... wow what difference.

Most of the Sunrise series in Wawayanda and most of the Klizich caches on Pumphouse and Turkey Ridge, the Find Brian Snat #7 and the Sunrise Old Coal Trail and Lakelady's T shirt exchange and eenie meenie are mountain bike caches. The Utter Solitude cache is on one of the East Coast Premier Mtn Bike Trails, build by bikers for bikers. Expert single track to that one.

Any one familiar with the trails in stewart state forest near Newburg?

Looks like a fun day on a mountain bike and try for all 20 or so caches?

Any one done that?

Is there a MAIN entrance, and where, ranger headquaters...or good parking or access point?

Perhaps a pass or permit needed? Have seen a trail map in a website..but not very detailed!

Zurch.

Any one familiar with the trails in stewart state forest near Newburg?

Looks like a fun day on a mountain bike and try for all 20 or so caches?

Any one done that?

Is there a MAIN entrance, and where, ranger headquaters...or good parking or access point?

Perhaps a pass or permit needed? Have seen a trail map in a website..but not very detailed!

Zurch.

I wish I had brought my bike for that park. Lots of long flat roads that would make for a nice easy ride. Two parking areas I know of are here:

N 41° 28.210 W 074° 09.860

and

N 41° 30.770 W 074° 09.450

In regards to the Newburgh / Stewart State Forest caches

1) there is no map for the area, but your GPS will / should have the old roads. There are many single tracks in there as well, and you will be on many of them if you are going for all the caches there.

2) There is no MAIN entrance, but there are many different places you can park (check out my cache there, brian b's contribution, for the coords to some of the parking areas)

3) If you plan to get ALL of them, plan on a very long, exhausting day. This is a very big park, with lots of caches, and lots of trails.

4) No pass is needed. But stay away during hunting season!

I may have some maps from my gps, but I'll have to check and see for you. Contact me for more info.

great stuff..thanks for all the good input.

Have found a map on internet and of course do use the topo maps and are handy with them, was just wondering what others have done?

Looks like an interesting but long day in the saddle!! but am interested in tackling some time.

thanks again.

zurch.