Would everyone stop using pipes to hide caches!

I wonder if there is a lawsuit in the future. I can see them trying to sue the placer to recoup their money, plus "emotional distress".
Seeing as the cache was placed quite a while before their event was planned, I don't like their odds. Edited by sbell111

Talk with anyone who works on a bomb squad. Most legitimate bombs are boxes. What are most bombs made out of? Tupperware. :D

All of talk about pipe bombs is laughable. :unsure:

Besides, they had permission from the property owner and the continer was clearly labled. :D

I do not recommed using pipe becuase they freeze in the winter. Not only can you not open them, but they split and crack when water gets in the threads. They do not make a good container. :D

Well, if people are afraid of pipes, and most real bombs are tupperware, then we need to adjust our containers accordingly.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my new container.

time.jpg

An officer I worked with for a class relating to caches told me that there were far more real calls than false alarms.

That's the exact opposite of my personal law enforcement experience. I'll respond to at least two "suspicious" object complaints a week. Call it roughly 100 per year. Of those 100 "suspicious" objects, 1 might be a device. ...

Could be a difference in the agency "level" (for lack of a better word). Only the real stuff gets elevated so that State Communcations or the State Police would know about it. Anything else isn't escalated. Anyway, I don't work in the field so I am not an expert. I'm sure if you looked at my info and where it came from you would know whats what in about 5 min or less.