New PDF layout

imajeep

Okay, I just printed out a few PDFs of cache pages, and I'm stumped. Being a good geocaching citizen, I folded along the line, just as I was instructed to. Now what?

It's not an even half-page fold, and I notice that there are two grey circles on the left side of the page. They look like hole-punch marks, but for what? I've never seen a binder with rings configured like that! :P

We use a duplex (two-sided) printer to reduce the number of trees we slaughter in the course of our geocaching. (Yes, I know we'd be greener if we went paperless, and we may do that at some point.) If the page is designed to be hole-punched, then we lose the back side of the page.

For the moment, we are returning to the rebellious ways of our mis-spent youth, and proclaiming "No, we won't fold along the line!" and "No, we won't punch holes!" We'd make picket signs, but there goes more paper and wood.

In all seriousness (well, half seriousness), what's the thinking behind the new PDF layout? What are we missing here? Thanks.

I don't get it either.

Decryption Key is outside rest of printing area.

Also the folding line I don't know how I should fold the paper so I don't have need to use scissors. Does the Letter / A4 paper size format also some problems?

I didn't understand what this thread was all about, as I noticed no change from before using the Firefox browser, but when I did the PDF in IE, now I understand - there are holes and a different format.

Interesting, I checked site also using the Firefox and you are correct if I am using IE I get totally different PDF with holes and folding line, but Firefox opens old format. ;)

I didn't understand what this thread was all about, as I noticed no change from before using the Firefox browser, but when I did the PDF in IE, now I understand - there are holes and a different format.

Interesting, I checked site also using the Firefox and you are correct if I am using IE I get totally different PDF with holes and folding line, but Firefox opens old format. :laughing:

The new PDF version isn't bad! It's total *zensored*. What's the aim of this modification? I use much more paper, than before.

Check this PDF:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...cf-633f0413cbd7

Now it's 16 pages with the new PDF version.

Groundspeak - please change that!!!!!!!!!!!