free easy cahing trick

mr_candyman

If you have a smartphone or a PDA you might not be aware of how easy it is to get good information displayed for geocaching. If you're using GSAK (which most of you are) then you can export to .html format, copy the folder created to your device and just open up the index file (which will open it in your phone or pda's web browser. From there it gives you a great deal of ways to find the information quickly and easily.

Just thought I'd share since a lot of people don't like the mobipocket format and might not want to get cachemate.

I tried it and it works great on the laptop. When I sync it to the z22 I get an expansion card error. The z22 doesn't have an expansion card so this might be the problem. All of the files that are a 'problem' are .htm extensions.

Anybody have a clue what's going on? We're going on vacation next week and I would like to use this format.

Thom

I tried it and it works great on the laptop. When I sync it to the z22 I get an expansion card error. The z22 doesn't have an expansion card so this might be the problem. All of the files that are a 'problem' are .htm extensions.

Anybody have a clue what's going on? We're going on vacation next week and I would like to use this format.

Thom

I'm not sure the Z22 can handle the .html files without another program on it. Although I might be misunderstanding your question.

Try out Cachemate. It costs $8.00 to register, but it is very easy-to-use and it has a page where you can log all the details of the cache hunt. You can try it out for free . . . but you'll like it, so go ahead an spring for the restritration fee/ :ph34r:

I'm not sure the Z22 can handle the .html files without another program on it. Although I might be misunderstanding your question.

Very likely not. According to its specs, the Z22 does not come with a Web browser. However, if you install a browser (or AvantGo, which incorporates a Web browser), I would guess that you will be able to read HTML files on your Palm with no problem.

I have a T|X, which has a Web browser, but I've never tried to do this, because I convert everything to PDF and then use PalmPDF to view it instead.

Edited by marnen

Thom

Try out Cachemate. It costs $8.00 to register, but it is very easy-to-use and it has a page where you can log all the details of the cache hunt. You can try it out for free . . . but you'll like it, so go ahead an spring for the restritration fee/ :lol:

OWWW! Stop twisting my arm! :blink:

Yeah, Cachemate made the most sense. Thanks for the encouragement!