Why don't any stores carry the Venture Cx?

helkat22

maybe because for just a little bit more, you get the Legend CX. Packed with a lot more features.

UGH! I thought I was all set...now I am not!!! I just posted a question in the GPS forum...when I was on the Garmin comparison page, the only difference I saw between the Venture Cx and the Legend Cx was that the Legend come with and SD card...I need a personal shopper!!!

Helga

Many people already have the correct cable for the Venture Cx . . . I have two for cameras.

Most people also purchase a larger card right away, so they don't need the card the Legend comes with.

The Venture Cx is the way to go, unless you don't like the yellow color. :o

Many people already have the correct cable for the Venture Cx . . . I have two for cameras.

Most people also purchase a larger card right away, so they don't need the card the Legend comes with.

The Venture Cx is the way to go, unless you don't like the yellow color. :o

Awesome! Thanks! I do like the yellow!

So, if I buy the Venture Cx will I find myself wishing for the 60Csx anytime soon??? I just don't want to regret my purchase, but on the other hand, the 60Csx is quite a bit more.

Thanks Helga

I have the Vista C, same size as the Venture Cx. I greatly prefer my little Vista C to the larger 60 C/CSx.

You'll love the Venture Cx, especially after you load it with the City Navigator maps so it can auto-route you. :o

okay...i need to stop second guessing myself and just go for it!

thanks for all your help!

helga

So, if I buy the Venture Cx will I find myself wishing for the 60Csx anytime soon??? I just don't want to regret my purchase, but on the other hand, the 60Csx is quite a bit more.

You might. The Venture doesn't have a high-sensitivity receiver, so you can expect problems getting fixes under tree canopy or in canyons. The Legend HCx has Garmins new chipset that is supposed to be as good as the 60 Csx.

If you use the unit for hiking, and if you like to record tracklogs, then you may regret any of the eTrex models. They are designed to be used while held horizontally, which means they will not record a very good track while hanging from a belt. The 60 Csx does a great job of that.

So, if you are planning on geocaching only, the Legend HCx would be very good, and I suspect you would have no regrets. If you are a hiker, go with the 60 Csx. It's the best model hor hiking, hands down.

I own a Venture CX and actually found one at Sportsmen World yesterday for about 229.00. I paid online 180.00 and change for the unit. If you can, but online. Now I added the card, the cable, and mapsource to my order also so it came out to about 300.00 with S/H

The only feature I do not like is when it auto-routes, it will not give you the option of quickest or most direct route like the Legend does.

I love my new Venture (after caching with the oringial one for almost 3 years) and I never would see myself wanting to get the 60CSX anytime soon

You might. The Venture doesn't have a high-sensitivity receiver, so you can expect problems getting fixes under tree canopy or in canyons. The Legend HCx has Garmins new chipset that is supposed to be as good as the 60 Csx.

If you use the unit for hiking, and if you like to record tracklogs, then you may regret any of the eTrex models. They are designed to be used while held horizontally, which means they will not record a very good track while hanging from a belt. The 60 Csx does a great job of that.

So, if you are planning on geocaching only, the Legend HCx would be very good, and I suspect you would have no regrets. If you are a hiker, go with the 60 Csx. It's the best model hor hiking, hands down.

I am a hiker and don't have the alleged tracks' problems with my Etrex Vista. I also have a 60CS which I like but it's too heavy for my backpack and bicycle mounts. I recently bought a Venture Cx and prefer it over the 60's size and weight. I've cached with friends who have the 60CSx; yes it picks up sats better any Etrex model, but I don't think it's worth the price, weight, and size disadvangate. With the H's coming out soon on the Etrex line, the Legend looks to be the best value if you want the sensitive receiver 'cause it will have the external card as well. The Venture HC will lack the card. Now that I have a card, I won't go back.

...The only feature I do not like is when it auto-routes, it will not give you the option of quickest or most direct route like the Legend does...

MainMenu-Routing-FollowRoadMethod-Prompted. I changed my Guidance Method to Prompted as well.