CACHE IDEA: NorthWest Waterfall Challenge!

Sparrowhawk

Check this out: http://www.waterfallsnorthwest.com/

That is the ULTIMATE waterfall site for waterfalls in the Pacific NW. :(

IDEA: Have a variation of the DeLorme Challenge, only with waterfalls. One per state. :(

How to set that up would be a good question. Look for one waterfall per county? One waterfall for every Delorme section? Hmmmm... that would not work in the desert areas...

Maybe X number of waterfalls for the whole state in question? :(

What about logging each waterfall... hmmm... each one would not necessarily have a cache nearby. OK, make a log with waterfall pics at the nearest cache, include coords for the waterfall itself in the cache log. That could work.

Another factor: some of the waterfalls listed do not have a lot of details or pictures. I wonder if the Waterfall Challenge can help fill in some of the missing details for that website? One would have to contact the webmaster for the site and see about a collaboration.

Well hey... it's the beginning of an idea. If anyone wants to take this ball and run with it, go for it. I'd love to see what becomes of it, if anything. :ph34r:

Have fun!

What about logging each waterfall... hmmm... each one would not necessarily have a cache nearby. OK, make a log with waterfall pics at the nearest cache, include coords for the waterfall itself in the cache log. That could work.

That sounds really close to "Waymarking" which I'm personally not real fond of - but to each his own. But there are quite a few caches based around waterfalls from reading cache titles...

Funny thing is - about a week ago, I was looking at potential cache hide sites near waterfalls. I was trying to find Ryan Falls, but I couldn't find it on any of my map sites. Finally googled it & it's on private land (in someone's back yard pretty much). That led me to the website you listed above. Nice info!!

Is this cache idea up and running?

Or does anyone have some waterfall bookmarks?

I know it's an old post, but I want to hit several waterfalls this weekend since it's going to be so nice.

I don't have a bookmark list but here are a couple

The Bride's Booty at Bridal Falls

folow the rainbow

One is off Hwy 2 and the other off 410 so you wouldn't want to try both on the same day. I also understand that the falls at follow the rainbow pretty much dry up later in the summer.

There's also Victor Falls - Revisited. This one is a hidden gem that you would probably never have know was there except for caching.

Is this cache idea up and running?

Or does anyone have some waterfall bookmarks?

I know it's an old post, but I want to hit several waterfalls this weekend since it's going to be so nice.

Teperky has a waterfall series, two of which are along Hwy 2, which would mesh well with one of the suggestions by LandRover in the previous post.

The cool thing about this site is that with each waterfall, there is a link to "nearest geocaches" in the lower right-hand corner.

So the goal could be to log the nearest cache to the listed falls! :grin:

Maybe the challenge would be to see who can log the caches nearest to the most Pacific NW waterfalls by Labor Day of this year. :grin: