GPX Files onto Garmin 60 CSx

I have been using GSAK for sometime now and have always used the GSAK software to transfer just a few geocaches at a time to my 60CSx however now I travel more I am transfering a much larger number of caches (well over 1000) at any one time. The unit is limited to 1000 caches if I transfer them through GSAK as they get put onto the unit as waypoints.

How can I best use GSAK to transfer an unlimited amount of caches to the units memory card?

How can I best use GSAK to transfer an unlimited amount of caches to the units memory card?

Convert them to POI and load with POI Loader.

I tried this yesterday. the process I followed was:

1. Save all caches in GSAK as a single gpx file.

2. Load the GPX file to 60CSx with Garmin POI tool.

The problem I encountered is that this jsut did the same thing as GSAK in that it loaded the caches into the 60CSx's memory and there were no options to load them onto the Micro SD card. Infact Garmins POI loader has no options at all from what I can see.

Convert them to POI and load with POI Loader.

The problem I encountered is that this jsut did the same thing as GSAK in that it loaded the caches into the 60CSx's memory and there were no options to load them onto the Micro SD card. Infact Garmins POI loader has no options at all from what I can see.

If you run garmins poi loader it automatically puts it on the micro sd card. Go to find and see if you have a custom POI folder there. This is where it should put the caches that you load up. Also you could go to mass storage and look and see if you file is there also.

It may *look* like it did that, but the POI loader only writes to the microSD.

If you already had the .gpx waypoints loaded into memory they would still show there, but they would also be under Find | Custom POI. Note that you lose the Geocaching waypoint function when you load your caches as Custom POI.

POI loader has at least two options: the loading directory and proximity alarms.

...Note that you lose the Geocaching waypoint function when you load your caches as Custom POI...

Not really. When you look up a POI, you have an option to save the POI as a waypoint. Save it and use the treasure box icon (which can be customized to another icon) and you retain the special geocaching functions. However, you will not be able to save the POI as a waypoint if you already have 1000 waypoints because waypoints are only kept on the internal memory.