Think before you put trade items in caches

In the last few weeks, I have found people leaving fishing lures in caches. In both instances, I have almost stuck myself with the hook!! :) If you desire to leave this trade item, at least package it so that the person finding the cache is safe from this danger

I made a whole fishing related cache once, full of fishing stuff, and set it out near a lake. Of course, it got muggled after only a few people had found it, someone got them a cool ammo box full of fishing toys.

Of course, everything in it was wrapped, so no one ever got poked.

I did find an envelop opener in one of mine once, that had a razor blade in a small hook. Was glad that no kids had gotten a hole of that once, the opening to the razor blade was almost big enough for me to get my finger to it, a kid would have had no trouble with that.

... I did find an envelop opener in one of mine once, that had a razor blade in a small hook. Was glad that no kids had gotten a hole of that once, the opening to the razor blade was almost big enough for me to get my finger to it, a kid would have had no trouble with that.

Those are 'safety' letter openers. I actually think they make a pretty good trade item. I would certainly trade for it as my opener is always going AWOL.

Edited by sbell111

I recently picked up a sig. card that had a small square cut out of one side. In that square was a fly fishing lure. The back of the sig. card told you what kind it was, and what it was best used for. The whole thing was then laminated, so as not to "poke" the finder. I personally am not a fly fisher, but thought it was a WAY COOL idea for a sig. item, and VERY well thought out!