500 is worth a well done, surely?

Big congratulations to drsolly and his good lady on hitting their 500th find over the weekend, on Team Hippo's Colourful Logic - Snakemoor (Bucks) cache. Having started in September '06, they quickly gained a reputation for generosity (who else leaves hard-drives everywhere they go?) and a certain notoriety over a cache which floated away - it was saved by TDW though, so it's a story with a happy ending. :cry:

Then there's drsolly's legendary technological approach to caching, from simple hand mirrors, to high-powered torches, via every electronic aid known to Man- and several others, like a steerable webcam on the end of a 20ft pole, as yet unknown to Man!

I'll hope you'll join me in wishing them the best of luck on their future caching adventures as well as giving a big OSS! for their 500th find. :)

Big congratulations to drsolly and his good lady on hitting their 500th find over the weekend, on Team Hippo's Colourful Logic - Snakemoor (Bucks) cache. Having started in September '06, they quickly gained a reputation for generosity (who else leaves hard-drives everywhere they go?) and a certain notoriety over a cache which floated away - it was saved by TDW though, so it's a story with a happy ending. :cry:

Then there's drsolly's legendary technological approach to caching, from simple hand mirrors, to high-powered torches, via every electronic aid known to Man- and several others, like a steerable webcam on the end of a 20ft pole, as yet unknown to Man!

I'll hope you'll join me in wishing them the best of luck on their future caching adventures as well as giving a big OSS! for their 500th find. :)

Thanks for the compliments.

For me, one of the delights of caching is the application of technology and engineering to solving problems. The Mark Three Periscope was the solution to a particular problem I'm facing right now - what is the situation exactly in a tree, 18 feet up (or more), and how can I retreive the cache there. Of course a younger person would just climb the tree. The mirror is the Mark Four Micro detector, useful for peering into places where the head won't go.

Thanks to everyone for setting the caches that we enjoy so much.

OK - now on to the next 500!