Reviewer FTFs

egami

I was very careful in crafting this particular cache page to ensure any reviewer would not have an advantage and that there could be no doubt about the validity of the find, but unfortunately I didn't account for a person's ability to jump to conclusions without all the facts.
It's still brings up a good question.

Should reviewers be FTF on caches with money when they have the advantage of publishing the cache at possibly their convenience and getting first crack at it?

Regardless of the integrity of the reviewer to have to jump through the proper hoops this is still a good question, imo.

I trust the reviewers. I could seriously care less if they find a cache prior to someone else.

If there's a pattern, raise a flag to Groundspeak.

I trust them too. <_<

I remember the old "secret" instant-notify service. It was pretty sweet when it worked.

Thankfully very few of the locals new about it, so I was able to sneak in quite a few FTF's back then.

Then the day came when a local asked me, "Do you know anything about a website that will email you when caches are published?"

"Naaah, it's a myth. No such thing."

<_<