Alarm Clocks

Corez

Heya. I'm creating a geocache that involves placing a series of alarm clocks to go off at specific times at night to lead cachers to the cache site.

I've been having trouble finding suitable alarm clocks. The best one I have right now will ring its alarm for only 1 minute, which is a good thing. However, every hour it will beep which I do not want as it may attract unwanted attention towards the cache in the daytime. As well, the alarm is not very loud, and I would like a loud alarm as it will be placed in a tupperware container.

If anyone knows of any good alarm clocks, please let me know!

So let me see if I got this straight?

If you are out in the woods on a late night, you hear the alarm clock go off, and you miss it for some reason.....such as you lost where the noise was coming from, you showed up in the last fifteen seconds from when it was to go off. Then you would have to wait around for an hour to hear it go off again?

As far as alarm clock types...I'm not sure, but I'm pretty positive that they are not waterproof.

Heya. I'm creating a geocache that involves placing a series of alarm clocks to go off at specific times at night to lead cachers to the cache site.

I've been having trouble finding suitable alarm clocks. The best one I have right now will ring its alarm for only 1 minute, which is a good thing. However, every hour it will beep which I do not want as it may attract unwanted attention towards the cache in the daytime. As well, the alarm is not very loud, and I would like a loud alarm as it will be placed in a tupperware container.

If anyone knows of any good alarm clocks, please let me know!

I would be more worried that the alarm going of would attact unwanted attention than the beeping. :laughing:

If you are out in the woods on a late night, you hear the alarm clock go off, and you miss it for some reason.....such as you lost where the noise was coming from, you showed up in the last fifteen seconds from when it was to go off. Then you would have to wait around for an hour to hear it go off again?

No, I think what he means is that you would have to come back 23 hours and 59 minutes later.

No, I think what he means is that you would have to come back 23 hours and 59 minutes later.

That's my reading. I like the idea behind the cache. Hard to pull off.

Not being an electronics person, I will offer two thoughts.

I bought an inexpensive alarm clock that synchronizes and has two alarms (I needed this feature for a very ill dog to put her out twice a night). I purchased it at Walgreens about two years ago for less than $10.

Second, instead of an alarm clock, how about "something" attached to a "Clapper (Clap-on, clap-off)" that the cacher could activate by clapping. Or maybe a bell mat like in a store when you walk through the door.

Now for a power supply?? Solar?? Rechargeable batteries? Who knows.

Have fun,

Outspoken1

I bought an inexpensive alarm clock that synchronizes and has two alarms (I needed this feature for a very ill dog to put her out twice a night). I purchased it at Walgreens about two years ago for less than $10.

Second, instead of an alarm clock, how about "something" attached to a "Clapper (Clap-on, clap-off)" that the cacher could activate by clapping. Or maybe a bell mat like in a store when you walk through the door.

Have fun,

Outspoken1

A lot of these little electronic clocks run on a single AAA battery, which last a pretty long time. Wire in a D-cell battery, and you'll probably never need to replace it.

Have fun,

Outspoken1

... or a battery operated remote doorbell. Find a cache with a button, press the button and listen for the next stage.

Have fun,

Outspoken1

... or a battery operated remote doorbell. Find a cache with a button, press the button and listen for the next stage.

...or a motion-sensored Santa Claus that scares the crap out of you when you walk in front of it. It is well camo'ed and contains the coords for the next stage.

Have fun,

Outspoken1

...or a motion-sensored Santa Claus that scares the crap out of you when you walk in front of it. It is well camo'ed and contains the coords for the next stage.

I hope it would know CPR too! :rolleyes: