Vista Cx

I have been able to load up a map of missouri, and also show gas stations and everything else. But i see these images on the web like this one sc-03-lg.jpg

but am unable to figure it out. Thats a topo map. I also remember reading someones post about switching to street view and topo view on the vista cx but am unable to find that as well. Does anyone have any idea where or how to do it?

And I upload to the gps using the usb cable plugged into the gps. Every time i upload does it overwrite the last map i uploaded? Or does it just use up space and add to the other maps i uploaded? I also cant find an option for this on the gps.

Thanks Guys

Edited by dave1980

To get the image you posted you'll have to buy BlueChart.

To switch from city nav to topo go into map setting, scroll over to the column with map segments listed and press the "menu" or similar button and select show/hide topo/city nav.

oh thats bluechart ok i thought it was just the topo version.

I dont have a map segments option

I have map setup - General

I have map setup - Tracks

I have map setup - Points

I have map setup - Text

I have map setup - Information

I have map setup - Marine

And none of those have map segments

Edited by dave1980

oh thats bluechart ok i thought it was just the topo version.

Very much like the Topo, but the lines on that screen indicate the depth of the channel in the river, not elevation

I dont have a map segments option

I have map setup - General

I have map setup - Tracks

I have map setup - Points

I have map setup - Text

I have map setup - Information

I have map setup - Marine

And none of those have map segments

While you're on the Map Setup - General screen press the Menu button again, then you'll se the options to show or hide installed mapping products. Note that you have to have another mapping product installed to see the option to switch to that product.

interesting i have

restore defaults

restore all map defaults

show all

show none

hide basemap

hide americas marine point

hide metroguide north america

Thats it

I have topo installed and I checked what map area "all of missouri" i wanted and transfered it but its not on the list.

Did you load your topo maps the SAME TIME as you loaded Metroguide. If you loaded topo, and THEN loaded Metroguide, then the Metroguide will overwrite the topo. It appears to me that is what happened.

Open Mapsource, and switch to Metroguide. Select the maps you want to send to your GPS. DON'T SEND THEM TO THE GPS YET. Then switch to Topo, and select the Topo maps you want loaded. Then send to gps. Both sets of maps will be sent to the gps.

Edited by GreatCanadian

Did you load your topo maps the SAME TIME as you loaded Metroguide. If you loaded topo, and THEN loaded Metroguide, then the Metroguide will overwrite the topo. It appears to me that is what happened.

Open Mapsource, and switch to Metroguide. Select the maps you want to send to your GPS. DON'T SEND THEM TO THE GPS YET. Then switch to Topo, and select the Topo maps you want loaded. Then send to gps. Both sets of maps will be sent to the gps.

Thats interesting thats what was wrong. Thank You