Keyword Search Help

I'm after advice please as I must be doing something wrong. I want to find all caches with the word 'cow' in the name. If I do a keyword search for 'cow' it brings back two results, both in the US called 'Cow'. It does not return 'Cow Tale' in the UK.

A search on 'cow tale' brings back the UK cache mentioned successfully.

Am I doing something stupid?

I typed this into google, it may help you with your search

cow gc* "united kingdom" site:www.geocaching.com

Breaking it down what is asking Google to do is look for a web page with the word cow on it and something else on the same web page preceding with GC. GC is a geocache waypoint and stops all the travel bugs with cow(s) from appearing. On the same web page, look for the words United Kingdom together as phrase (to try and ensure caches from the UK come up. The search is restricted to the website www.geocaching.com

It may help you or it could have just gone a whole lot more confusing!! :(

Breaking it down what is asking Google to do is look for a web page with the word cow on it and something else on the same web page preceding with GC. GC is a geocache waypoint and stops all the travel bugs with cow(s) from appearing. On the same web page, look for the words United Kingdom together as phrase (to try and ensure caches from the UK come up. The search is restricted to the website www.geocaching.com

It may help you or it could have just gone a whole lot more confusing!! :(

But that produces all the caches with a log that mentions cow as well.. which is hundreds.

It may help you or it could have just gone a whole lot more confusing!! ;)

But that produces all the caches with a log that mentions cow as well.. which is hundreds.

Yeah, fair point. But its less than the thousands of caches that have been placed within the UK! :(

I've tried to improve the query but... no success really. Perhaps some uber Google nerd :( out there might be able to advise further.