Unlimited supply of free flexible magnets any length

Thats my secret - go to your nearest recycling centre otherwise knonown as TIP and you will find loads of fridges and freezers just rip off the door seals and hey pesto lots of free magnets

there is a big sign at my local dump telling me that everything in belongs to the local council and taken anything is theft. herein lies the problem

Thats my secret - go to your nearest recycling centre otherwise knonown as TIP and you will find loads of fridges and freezers just rip off the door seals and hey pesto lots of free magnets

there is a big sign at my local dump telling me that everything in belongs to the local council and taken anything is theft. herein lies the problem

If you approach the guys on duty and ask they are usually ok about it they get a bit jobsworth if you try and take any electrical items etc because of the danger aspect but door seals ar in no way any danger unless you tie them round your mutts neck as a lead!

Technically it is all the council's. My dad, when he worked for NUPE in the 70's was always negotiating totting rights for bin men so they didn't get into trouble taking stuff they wanted that people threw out.

Councils don't make much money from disposing of stuff. Some scrap is worth something, but in practice the council ends up paying to get stuff recycled, landfilled etc. So, as long as it isn't dangerous, and doesn't create some other issue, councils are happy for people to undertake their own local recycling activites, if you are polite about it.